Tequila Patrón ESM's 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home and the Rolex 24
- 22 January 2015
Riviera Beach, Fla., – Tequila Patrón ESM begins a new motorsports chapter this weekend. Set to compete in the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) and the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup races of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, Tequila Patrón ESM kicks off its 2015 season in its home state during the 53rd Annual Rolex 24 At Daytona.
Tequila Patrón ESM is headquartered approximately three hours south of the famed Daytona International Speedway. The twice-around-the-clock endurance race is the season-opening TUDOR Championship event and opening round of the four-race Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup.
Dalziel to Race Spa 24hr with DragonSpeed
- 19 January 2015
The five-race BES (organizer SRO also runs a seven-round sprint championship) will visit the current or former F1 circuits at Monza (3h), Silverstone (3h), Paul Ricard (1000km), Spa Francorchamps (24h), and Nürburgring (3h). The team will operate from a state-of-the-art facility in Switzerland at the Octane 126 Ferrari sales and service center near Zürich airport.
Tequila Patrón ESM Runs First Laps in Honda Coupe
- 15 December 2014
Riviera Beach, Fla., Dec. 14, 2014 – Tequila Patrón ESM attacked the 2015 sports car racing season today by running the all-new Honda Performance Development ARX-04b Honda prototype coupe for the first time. Tequila Patrón ESM principal Scott Sharp was first inside the enclosed cockpit racing machine.
“This HPD coupe is very exciting for us, there has been so much anticipation building up to our first laps,” said Sharp. “Huge thanks to the entire Tequila Patrón ESM team, HPD and Wirth for their efforts in getting the coupe delivered, built and on-track today. We’ve spent many months getting to this point – our hard-working crew, the HPD engineering team and Wirth have been non-stop these last few weeks. They’ve made huge gains on the car, in addition to the logistics and behind the scenes planning. This has been a long process, but we’re super excited about today, tomorrow and the future.
Runner-up Finish for ESM Patrón at Shanghai
- 02 November 2014
Shanghai, China – Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) and Tequila Patrón earned its second consecutive FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) podium. On Sunday afternoon in China, the No. 30 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) team of Scott Sharp, Ryan Dalziel and Ricardo Gonzalez finished second in the FIA WEC 6 Hours of Shanghai.
In its two FIA WEC races, ESM earned two podium finishes. In September, Sharp, Dalziel and Ed Brown finished third at the FIA WEC race at Austin, Texas’ Circuit of The Americas. The FIA WEC 6 Hours of Shanghai marked ESM’s final race in the HPD ARX-03b prototypes. In May, ESM purchased two HPD ARX-04b coupe prototypes to be used in 2015.
ESM Patrón Qualifies Fifth and Sixth at Shanghai
- 01 November 2014
Shanghai, China – In its first overseas FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) qualifying session, Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) averaged the fifth and sixth quickest times in the LMP2 class. As a result, ESM will start fifth and sixth in Sunday’s 6 Hours of Shanghai race.
Per the FIA WEC rules, the two best lap times from each team’s qualifying drivers are averaged together in order to determine the starting position.
ESM Patrón Set for Overseas FIA WEC Debut
- 27 October 2014
STUART, Fla., – October 27, 2014 – Six weeks after earning its first podium finish in the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC), Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) with two Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) prototypes, six world-class drivers and a crew of 30 set sail for China to add another item to the team’s history book: compete in the 6 Hours of Shanghai.
In February 2013, the Tequila Patrón-sponsored ESM entered two Le Mans style-prototype racing machines (LMP2) for the final season of what was the American Le Mans Series (ALMS), en route to a runner-up position in the championship standings.
ESM Patrón Finishes Third in Debut FIA WEC Race
- 21 September 2014
Austin, Texas – Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) battled the world, the elements and the competition tonight during its debut race in the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) – the 6 Hours of Circuit of The Americas. In the end, ESM earned its first podium finish in FIA WEC competition. The Tequila Patrón-sponsored team finished third in the LMP2 class and 10th overall.
Scott Sharp, Ed Brown and Ryan Dalziel – co-drivers of the No. 30 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) – were thrown a plethora of new challenges during their maiden FIA WEC race and podium result. Despite the challenges, the team posted some of the quickest laps of the LMP2 class and led the class at three different segments of the race.
ESM and Tequila Patrón Entering FIA WEC Shanghai; Forgoing Petit Le Mans
- 20 September 2014
AUSTIN, Texas – Following its debut in the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) this weekend, Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) sets its sights on another round of FIA WEC competition by entering the 6 Hours of Shanghai.
The Florida-based team has entered both its Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) prototypes in the LMP2 class for the Nov. 2 race at China’s Shanghai International Circuit. In order to prepare both Tequila Patrón-sponsored HPDs to meet FIA WEC regulations, Extreme Speed Motorsports will not compete in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship’s season finale – Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta in October.
ESM Patrón Qualifies Third in Debut FIA WEC Race
- 19 September 2014
Austin, TX – In its debut FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) qualifying session, Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) averaged the third quickest time in the LMP2 class. As a result, ESM will start third in Saturday’s 6 Hours of Circuit of The Americas race.
Scott Sharp and Ryan Dalziel qualified the No. 30 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b. Per the FIA WEC rules, the two best lap times from each team’s qualifying drivers are averaged together in order to determine the starting position. Sharp’s best lap was 1:57.828. Dalziel’s best lap was 1:56.388.
ESM and Tequila Patrón Set for FIA WEC Debut at COTA
- 16 September 2014
STUART, Fla., – Six weeks ago, Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) announced its intent to race in the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC). In the last six weeks, the Florida-based team has been unstoppable in preparing the Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda Performance Development (HPD) ARX-03b for its debut in the FIA WEC.
The transformation is now complete. This week Extreme Speed Motorsports heads to Austin, Texas, and the 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas as part of the Lone Star Le Mans weekend on September 18-20.
ESM Patrón Returns to Podium
- 10 August 2014
Elkhart Lake, Wisc., – Extreme Speed Motorsports’ Scott Sharp and Ryan Dalziel returned to the podium with a third-place finish during today’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race – the Continental Tire Road Race Showcase at Road America.
Despite crisp, clean and error-free pit stops and properly executed race strategies, the six restarts on Sunday afternoon plagued the No. 1 and No. 2 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) entries and its quest for a double-podium finish.
Pole Position for ESM Patrón at Road America
- 10 August 2014
Elkhart Lake, Wisc., - Aug. 9, 2014 – Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) earned its second consecutive pole position in TUDOR United SportsCar Championship series today. Ryan Dalziel, co-driver of the No. 1 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD), saved the best lap for last at Road America. With seconds to spare in the 15-minute session, the Scotsman vaulted to the top of the charts with a lap of 1:55.166 (126.537 mph), nearly eight-tenths quicker than the second-place qualifier.
This marks the third pole position from ESM in 2014: Johannes van Overbeek earned the pole during the May race at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. In the last round at Indianapolis, it was an all-ESM, all-Tequila Patrón front row with Dalziel starting first and van Overbeek second.
ESM Patrón Takes onFIA WEC LMP2 with COTA Entry
- 08 August 2014
Elkhart Lake, Wisc., – First IMSA, then the World. Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) will take on some of the world’s best racers in next month’s FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) round at the Circuit of The Americas (COTA) in Austin, Tex.
During the Lone Star Le Mans weekend – Sept. 19 and 20 – the Florida-based team will compete in both the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race and the FIA WEC Six Hours of Circuit of The Americas.
ESM Patrón Road America Bound
- 05 August 2014
STUART, Fla. – Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) raced to podium finishes at the 2012 and 2013 American Le Mans Series races held at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. This year, the team looks to conquer The Kink and ride The Carousel all the way to the podium during Sunday’s Continental Tire Road Race Showcase, the ninth round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
Road America, situated halfway between Milwaukee and Green Bay, is the longest circuit on the TUDOR Championship calendar. The 4.048-mile, 14-turn permanent road course is a favorite of race car drivers, teams and road racing fans alike. One year ago, the ALMS and GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series teams shared the paddock. This year the teams will share both the paddock and the race circuit vying for the title of event champion in the first-year unified championship.
EFFORT Sweeps Mid-Ohio
- 04 August 2014
Mid-Ohio: EFFORT Racing welcomed to the team, Ryan Dalziel for the first time and back to the Pirelli World Challenge. With teamwork and precision set-up of the cars by the crew, testing and Qualifying proved strong for both Ryan and Michael Mills.
Race 1 was very good for EFFORT with Michael in the battle with Albert von Thurn und Taxis for the lead in GT-A. Michael made a move before the rain stopped the race, to take the win in GT-A. Ryan quickly moved to second and was holding on, creating a gap between him and third- place Johnny O Connell. Ryan and Mike Skeen, in the Audi R8, were in the battle for first until right before the race was called due to the heavy rain. Because of the timing of Mike Skeen’s decision to put on rain tires, and the timing of the red flag coming out, this ultimately gave Ryan the win.
Fifth and Seventh Place Finishes for ESM Patrón in Indy Debut
- 26 July 2014
INDIANAPOLIS – Following a promising start to the weekend as the two fastest cars in opening practice and sweeping the front row in qualifying, Extreme Speed Motorsports’ (ESM) Brickyard Grand Prix proved to be challenging. With less than 10 laps to go, both Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) pitted for a splash of fuel to reach the scheduled race distance. In the end, the ESM machines finished fifth and seventh.
In its Indianapolis Motor Speedway debut, ESM earned its first front row sweep in TUDOR United SportsCar Championship competition, appropriately on National Patrón Tequila Day. The team was confident it had exorcised the mechanical and electrical gremlins that arose in the two previous rounds of the TUDOR Championship. The front row start was a step in the right direction.
Simply Perfect Pole Position for ESM on National Patrón Tequila Day
- 24 July 2014
INDIANAPOLIS – Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) threw down the gauntlet in practice and qualifying today at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. For the first time in ESM history, both of the Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda Performance Development ARX-03b prototypes will start from the front row and side-by-side for Friday’s Brickyard Grand Prix.
It seems appropriate that the Tequila Patrón-sponsored race cars qualified 1-2, especially on National Patrón Tequila Day.
ESM Patrón Ready for First Kiss of Indy Bricks
- 22 July 2014
ESM HPDs make Indianapolis debut
STUART, Fla. – The Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) makes its Indianapolis debut this week as the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship heads to the hallowed ground of Midwest motorsports – Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS). More than 100 years of motorsports history echoes through the track at 16th and Georgetown, and ESM looks to make its mark during Friday’s Brickyard Grand Prix.
Scott Sharp, ESM owner/driver, has 14 Indianapolis 500 starts on his résumé including a pole position in 2001 and five top-10 finishes. In his last four appearances (2005-2007, 2009), Sharp ran a Honda-powered machine. The 2007 season was the first time Sharp drove a Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda race car.
Crushing day in Canada for ESM Patrón
- 14 July 2014
BOWMANVILLE, Ontario, Canada – Extreme Speed Motorsports was confident heading into today’s Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP). Following second- and fourth-place qualifying efforts on a track that showed some favoritism to the Tequila Patrón prototype machines, ESM’s day came to an abrupt end following electrical and exhaust system issues in the two-hour, 45-minute race.
Both the No. 1 and No. 2 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) racing machines were unable to finish the race but ranked seventh and eighth on the unofficial scoring sheets in the sixth round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
Front Row Start for ESM Patrón at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- 13 July 2014
Dalziel qualifies No. 1 second; No. 2 qualifies fourth
BOWMANVILLE, Ontario, Canada – In an intense 15-minute qualifying session on Saturday, Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) traded barbs with the competition for pole position. Among those swapping the lead for the top spot was ESM’s Ryan Dalziel in the No. 1 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development (HPD) ARX-03b. At the end of the session, Dalziel settled for the second starting spot at 1:09.456 (127.453 mph), less than three-tenths behind the pole-winning car.
The Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda prototypes qualified second and fourth for Sunday’s Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix, the seventh round of TUDOR United SportsCar Championship at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP).
- ESM Patrón Returns to Canadian Tire Motorsports Park: Site of First GT Win
- Heartbreak for ESM Patrón Team at Watkins Glen
- ESM Patrón Qualifies Fifth and Seventh at Watkins Glen
- ESM Patrón Set for Prototype Debut at Watkins Glen
- Challenging Day for ESM Patrón at Detroit
- Front Row Start for ESM Patrón at Detroit
- Extreme Speed Motorsports to run HPD ARX-04b Honda
- ESM Patrón Targeting Win at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- Heartbreaking final lap for ESM Patrón at Long Beach
- ESM Patrón Ready for Long Beach Street Battle
- Ryan Dalziel Aims for Perfect Birthday Gift at Long Beach
- Ryan Dalziel Proud of ESM’S Sebring Podium
- ESM Patrón Runner-Up at Sebring
- ESM Patrón Leads Sebring at Six Hour Mark
- Top-10 Qualifying Effort for ESM Patrón at Sebring
- ESM Patrón Leveraging Home-Track Advantage at Sebring
- Ryan Dalziel Wants Debut with ESM Win at Sebring
- Rollercoaster Rolex for ESM Patrón
- ESM Patrón Team Hour 12 of Rolex 24
- Opening Hours of Rolex 24 Unkind to ESM Patrón Team
- Ryan Dalziel continues to support West of Scotland Kart Club
- DALZIEL SIGNS WITH ESM PATRON FOR 2014 SEASON
- RYAN DALZIEL STORMS TO INDY WIN AND TAKES LEAD IN ROLEX GRAND-AM SERIES
- RYAN DALZIEL HELPS BRING VIPER HOME ON LE MANS RETURN
- RYAN DALZIEL CLOSES TITLE GAP AFTER PODIUM
- RYAN DALZIEL MISSES OUT ON MOTOWN HIT
- RYAN DALZIEL AIMING TO BE A DETROIT WINNER
- DALZIEL TAKES HARD-FOUGHT SECOND PLACE AT ROAD ATLANTA
- RYAN DALZIEL TO GET TITLE CHARGE ON RIGHT ROAD AT ATLANTA
- RYAN DALZIEL TO MAKE WORLD CHALLENGE DEBUT FOR TRUSPEED
- RYAN DALZIEL SHOWS FIGHTING QUALITIES IN SEBRING FINISH
- Ryan Dalziel Takes Stunning Second in Texas
- DALZIEL JOINS SRT MOTORSPORTS FOR THE ENDUROS
- RYAN DALZIEL IN TITLE VOW TO EASE ROLEX 24 PAIN
- RIGHT TIME FOR RYAN DALZIEL TO GRAB ANOTHER ROLEX
- WILLIAM LYONS TROPHY AS SMRC HONOURS RYAN DALZIEL
- RYAN DALZIEL TO FLY SCOTTISH KART STAR TO DAYTONA 24
- Ryan Dalziel and Starworks Clinch FIA World Endurance Title
- Unfinished Business For Ryan Dalziel In Japan
- Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining for Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel's Looking For Silver Service
- Ryan Dalziel happy to make a point at Watkins Glen
- Ryan Dalziel Has Double Vision In Living The Indy Dream
- Seconds out as Le Mans winner Ryan Dalziel hits the Road
- Ryan Dalziel lives Le Mans dream but gets back to real world
- Le Mans Winner
- Season Starts Again For Table-Topper Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel Won't Be A Detroit Spinner
- Ryan Dalziel Storms To The Top Of The Charts Despite A Hit
- Ryan Dalziel Aims To Turn Up The Heat After Pain In The Rain
- Ryan Dalziel is Homing in on Championship Points at Homestead
- Life's A Beach for Birthday Boy Ryan Dalziel After ALMS Class Win
- Ryan Dalziel joins CORE for Long Beach
- Ryan Dalziel Cuts Proud Figure at Head of Queue at Barber
- No Short Cuts as Ryan Dalziel Heads for Barber
- Ryan Dalziel is on Top of the World
- Ryan Dalziel Ready to take on the World
- Ryan's Ready For The Biggest Year Of His Career
- Inspired Show From Ryan Dalziel End With Stunning Second At Daytona 24
- Ryan's Keeping Watch Out For A Rolex
- Rocking Ryan Leads United Autosoports to Podium Glory
- Ryan Aims For High In Dubai
- Dalziel Teams Up With United Autosports For Winter GT Races
- Grand-Am Series announcement
- CORE values to the fore as Ryan suffers
- Ryan aims to be man of Atlanta
- Tears and cheers as Ryan wins at Mid-Ohio
- Ryan's ready to rumble at Mid-Ohio
- Double vision's a sore one for Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel Montreal Preview
- Ryan Dalziel grabs Watkins Glen podium
- Watkins Glen Preview
- Dalziel Podiums at Barber Motorsport Park
- Dalziel Podiums in Second at Sebring 12 Hours
- Dalziel Denied Homestead Grand-Am Victory
- Dalziel Targeting Homestead Bounce Back
- Early Set-Back Dashes Dalziels Daytona Hopes
- A Lap Around Daytona, With Ryan Dalziel
- Dalziel Takes Aim at Daytona Double
- Dalziel Unofficially Shatters Daytona DP Track Record
- Dalziel Back to Defend Daytona 24 Crown
- JaguarRSR STATEMENT OF EARLY RETIREMENT IN PETIT LE MANS
- Video: Petit Le Mans Qualfiying Report
- JaguarRSR READY FOR PETIT LE MANS DOUBLE ASSAULT
- Forest And Dalziel Finish Fifth In Final 2010 Race!
- Bad Luck Struck Starworks Drivers In Canada!
- A PROMISING WEEKEND FOR JaguarRSR AT ROAD AMERICA
- LAP AROUND ROAD AMERICA by Ryan Dalziel
- JaguarRSR ON A COMPETITIVE PATH FOR ROAD AMERICA
- STARWORKS MOTORSPORT BACK AT WATKINS GLEN!
- JaguarRSR EARNS FIRST TOP TEN FINISH AND POINTS AT LIME ROCK
- JaguarRSR GEARED UP FOR NEXT CHALLENGE: LIME ROCK PARK
- Another Top Five for Starworks Motorsport!
- JaguarRSR RECOVERS FROM FIRST LAP MISHAP TO TAKE THE CHECKERED IN UTAH
- JaguarRSR BACK ON TRACK IN UTAH
- Will The 100th DP Race Be Synonymous With 1st Win for Starworks?
- Starworks Motorsport Mid-Ohio Race Review
- Objective Redemption For Dalziel & Forest At Mid-Ohio!
- JaguarRSR LE MANS 24 HOURS UPDATE
- JaguarRSR XKR GT2 SECURES GRID POSITION FOR THE 78TH RUNNING OF THE LE MANS 24 HOURS