ESM Patrón Qualifies Third in Debut FIA WEC Race
- 19 September 2014
Austin, TX – In its debut FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) qualifying session, Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) averaged the third quickest time in the LMP2 class. As a result, ESM will start third in Saturday’s 6 Hours of Circuit of The Americas race.
Scott Sharp and Ryan Dalziel qualified the No. 30 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b. Per the FIA WEC rules, the two best lap times from each team’s qualifying drivers are averaged together in order to determine the starting position. Sharp’s best lap was 1:57.828. Dalziel’s best lap was 1:56.388.
ESM and Tequila Patrón Set for FIA WEC Debut at COTA
- 16 September 2014
STUART, Fla., – Six weeks ago, Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) announced its intent to race in the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC). In the last six weeks, the Florida-based team has been unstoppable in preparing the Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda Performance Development (HPD) ARX-03b for its debut in the FIA WEC.
The transformation is now complete. This week Extreme Speed Motorsports heads to Austin, Texas, and the 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas as part of the Lone Star Le Mans weekend on September 18-20.
ESM Patrón Returns to Podium
- 10 August 2014
Elkhart Lake, Wisc., – Extreme Speed Motorsports’ Scott Sharp and Ryan Dalziel returned to the podium with a third-place finish during today’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race – the Continental Tire Road Race Showcase at Road America.
Despite crisp, clean and error-free pit stops and properly executed race strategies, the six restarts on Sunday afternoon plagued the No. 1 and No. 2 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) entries and its quest for a double-podium finish.
Pole Position for ESM Patrón at Road America
- 10 August 2014
Elkhart Lake, Wisc., - Aug. 9, 2014 – Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) earned its second consecutive pole position in TUDOR United SportsCar Championship series today. Ryan Dalziel, co-driver of the No. 1 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD), saved the best lap for last at Road America. With seconds to spare in the 15-minute session, the Scotsman vaulted to the top of the charts with a lap of 1:55.166 (126.537 mph), nearly eight-tenths quicker than the second-place qualifier.
This marks the third pole position from ESM in 2014: Johannes van Overbeek earned the pole during the May race at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. In the last round at Indianapolis, it was an all-ESM, all-Tequila Patrón front row with Dalziel starting first and van Overbeek second.
ESM Patrón Takes onFIA WEC LMP2 with COTA Entry
- 08 August 2014
Elkhart Lake, Wisc., – First IMSA, then the World. Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) will take on some of the world’s best racers in next month’s FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) round at the Circuit of The Americas (COTA) in Austin, Tex.
During the Lone Star Le Mans weekend – Sept. 19 and 20 – the Florida-based team will compete in both the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race and the FIA WEC Six Hours of Circuit of The Americas.
ESM Patrón Road America Bound
- 05 August 2014
STUART, Fla. – Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) raced to podium finishes at the 2012 and 2013 American Le Mans Series races held at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. This year, the team looks to conquer The Kink and ride The Carousel all the way to the podium during Sunday’s Continental Tire Road Race Showcase, the ninth round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
Road America, situated halfway between Milwaukee and Green Bay, is the longest circuit on the TUDOR Championship calendar. The 4.048-mile, 14-turn permanent road course is a favorite of race car drivers, teams and road racing fans alike. One year ago, the ALMS and GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series teams shared the paddock. This year the teams will share both the paddock and the race circuit vying for the title of event champion in the first-year unified championship.
EFFORT Sweeps Mid-Ohio
- 04 August 2014
Mid-Ohio: EFFORT Racing welcomed to the team, Ryan Dalziel for the first time and back to the Pirelli World Challenge. With teamwork and precision set-up of the cars by the crew, testing and Qualifying proved strong for both Ryan and Michael Mills.
Race 1 was very good for EFFORT with Michael in the battle with Albert von Thurn und Taxis for the lead in GT-A. Michael made a move before the rain stopped the race, to take the win in GT-A. Ryan quickly moved to second and was holding on, creating a gap between him and third- place Johnny O Connell. Ryan and Mike Skeen, in the Audi R8, were in the battle for first until right before the race was called due to the heavy rain. Because of the timing of Mike Skeen’s decision to put on rain tires, and the timing of the red flag coming out, this ultimately gave Ryan the win.
Fifth and Seventh Place Finishes for ESM Patrón in Indy Debut
- 26 July 2014
INDIANAPOLIS – Following a promising start to the weekend as the two fastest cars in opening practice and sweeping the front row in qualifying, Extreme Speed Motorsports’ (ESM) Brickyard Grand Prix proved to be challenging. With less than 10 laps to go, both Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) pitted for a splash of fuel to reach the scheduled race distance. In the end, the ESM machines finished fifth and seventh.
In its Indianapolis Motor Speedway debut, ESM earned its first front row sweep in TUDOR United SportsCar Championship competition, appropriately on National Patrón Tequila Day. The team was confident it had exorcised the mechanical and electrical gremlins that arose in the two previous rounds of the TUDOR Championship. The front row start was a step in the right direction.
Simply Perfect Pole Position for ESM on National Patrón Tequila Day
- 24 July 2014
INDIANAPOLIS – Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) threw down the gauntlet in practice and qualifying today at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. For the first time in ESM history, both of the Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda Performance Development ARX-03b prototypes will start from the front row and side-by-side for Friday’s Brickyard Grand Prix.
It seems appropriate that the Tequila Patrón-sponsored race cars qualified 1-2, especially on National Patrón Tequila Day.
ESM Patrón Ready for First Kiss of Indy Bricks
- 22 July 2014
ESM HPDs make Indianapolis debut
STUART, Fla. – The Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) makes its Indianapolis debut this week as the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship heads to the hallowed ground of Midwest motorsports – Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS). More than 100 years of motorsports history echoes through the track at 16th and Georgetown, and ESM looks to make its mark during Friday’s Brickyard Grand Prix.
Scott Sharp, ESM owner/driver, has 14 Indianapolis 500 starts on his résumé including a pole position in 2001 and five top-10 finishes. In his last four appearances (2005-2007, 2009), Sharp ran a Honda-powered machine. The 2007 season was the first time Sharp drove a Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda race car.
Crushing day in Canada for ESM Patrón
- 14 July 2014
BOWMANVILLE, Ontario, Canada – Extreme Speed Motorsports was confident heading into today’s Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP). Following second- and fourth-place qualifying efforts on a track that showed some favoritism to the Tequila Patrón prototype machines, ESM’s day came to an abrupt end following electrical and exhaust system issues in the two-hour, 45-minute race.
Both the No. 1 and No. 2 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) racing machines were unable to finish the race but ranked seventh and eighth on the unofficial scoring sheets in the sixth round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
Front Row Start for ESM Patrón at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- 13 July 2014
Dalziel qualifies No. 1 second; No. 2 qualifies fourth
BOWMANVILLE, Ontario, Canada – In an intense 15-minute qualifying session on Saturday, Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) traded barbs with the competition for pole position. Among those swapping the lead for the top spot was ESM’s Ryan Dalziel in the No. 1 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development (HPD) ARX-03b. At the end of the session, Dalziel settled for the second starting spot at 1:09.456 (127.453 mph), less than three-tenths behind the pole-winning car.
The Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda prototypes qualified second and fourth for Sunday’s Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix, the seventh round of TUDOR United SportsCar Championship at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP).
ESM Patrón Returns to Canadian Tire Motorsports Park: Site of First GT Win
- 09 July 2014
magicJack app keeps team connected
STUART, Fla. – July 8, 2014 – Two years ago at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP), a hard-charging Johannes van Overbeek made a late-race pass that put Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) in a position to take its first GT class win. It was a memorable day for ESM and Tequila Patrón – and a finish the team would like to repeat this weekend for the Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix, the seventh round of TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
A few things have changed since that 2012 win: ESM switched to the Honda Performance Development (HPD) ARX-03b racing machines, Ed Brown and van Overbeek co-drive the No. 2 prototype and Ryan Dalziel is co-driver with Scott Sharp. This year, ESM added magicJack as an associate sponsor on the black and green Tequila Patrón-sponsored cars. ESM drivers and crew have downloaded the magicApp to their phones and can now call friends and family and avoid roaming charges this weekend while in Canada.
Heartbreak for ESM Patrón Team at Watkins Glen
- 29 June 2014
WATKINS GLEN, NY – After a promising warmup session this morning for Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) with the fastest times posted, the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen race was filled with heartbreak and disappointment. Despite a competitive effort by the Nos. 1 and 2 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development teams, any hopes of solid finishes today at Watkins Glen International were dashed by a combination of contact from an overzealous competitor, electrical and mechanical issues.
After six hours of hard TUDOR United SportsCar Championship racing, the ESM team finished in 10th and 11th places.
ESM Patrón Qualifies Fifth and Seventh at Watkins Glen
- 28 June 2014
Both Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) machines spent time at the top of the timing sheets during the three practice sessions. Scott Sharp and Ryan Dalziel left Watkins Glen International following Friday’s lone session with the No. 1 machine atop the charts. Dalziel, Sharp and Johannes van Overbeek led the field at separate times on Saturday during the two practice sessions.
ESM Patrón Set for Prototype Debut at Watkins Glen
- 25 June 2014
STUART, Fla. – The Tequila Patrón-sponsored Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) team might be making its Watkins Glen debut this weekend in the Honda Performance Development (HPD) ARX-03b racing machines, but ESM drivers have a combined 16 starts, three pole positions and three wins at the upstate New York circuit.
ESM heads into the sixth round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race – the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen – with confidence following a mid-May test session at the New York track.
Known as one of the premier permanent road courses in North America, Watkins Glen is an 11-turn, 3.37-mile road course. This event marks the return of an endurance event in the TUDOR Championship. The last three rounds of competition featured 100-minute sprint events. ESM is looking forward to returning to a six-hour race.
Challenging Day for ESM Patrón at Detroit
- 01 June 2014
DETROIT, Mich., – The Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) team had high – yet realistic – expectations heading into this weekend’s Chevrolet Sports Car Classic presented by the Metro Detroit Chevy Dealers, the fifth race of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race. Those expectations were confirmed Saturday afternoon when both Tequila Patrón-sponsored machines earned top-10 finishes.
Scott Sharp and Ryan Dalziel finished fifth in the No. 1 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) while Ed Brown and Johannes van Overbeek finished seventh in the No. 2 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD).
Front Row Start for ESM Patrón at Detroit
- 31 May 2014
DETROIT, Mich. – Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) will start on the front row Saturday for the Chevrolet Sports Car Classic presented by the Metro Detroit Chevy Dealers. Ryan Dalziel in the No. 1 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) clocked a lap time of 1:25.029 (99.495 mph) just moments before the end of Friday’s qualifying. It looked as if ESM was about to score its second consecutive pole position in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship. Unfortunately, another race car ousted Dalziel and the Tequila Patrón team by just 0.018 seconds.
The No. 1 Tequila Patrón team of Dalziel and Scott Sharp will start second, the outside pole, for Saturday afternoon’s race. After two practice sessions, the No. 1 Tequila Patrón HPD made the right adjustments to optimize its qualifying performance. Sharp will start the race for the No. 1 machine and Dalziel will drive to the checkered flag in the 100-minute race.
Extreme Speed Motorsports to run HPD ARX-04b Honda
- 03 May 2014
Le Mans effort considered
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. – Honda Performance Development today announced the sale of two new HPD ARX-04b Honda coupes to Extreme Speed Motorsports for an ambitious 2015 racing program that may include the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
The ARX-04b is fully compliant with the latest ACO LMP2 regulations, and exceeds the safety standards of the new enclosed-cockpit configuration. The new design is eligible for competition in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, FIA World Endurance Championship, European Le Mans Series and Asian Le Mans Series.
ESM Patrón Targeting Win at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- 29 April 2014
Channeling that race performance, ESM looks to improve its finish by one position and leave California with a win at the two-hour Grand Prix of Monterey, the fourth race in the 2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
All four ESM drivers have different reasons for Mazda Raceway being one of their favorite tracks. Oakland, Calif., native Johannes van Overbeek calls Laguna his home track. In October 2009, Scott Sharp and then co-driver David Brabham clinched the ALMS P1 championship win. In a two-fold announcement that same weekend, Sharp revealed the formation of Extreme Speed Motorsports for the 2010 season and its first driver – Ed Brown. The circuit is also the site of Ryan Dalziel’s first sports car win.
- Heartbreaking final lap for ESM Patrón at Long Beach
- ESM Patrón Ready for Long Beach Street Battle
- Ryan Dalziel Aims for Perfect Birthday Gift at Long Beach
- Ryan Dalziel Proud of ESM’S Sebring Podium
- ESM Patrón Runner-Up at Sebring
- ESM Patrón Leads Sebring at Six Hour Mark
- Top-10 Qualifying Effort for ESM Patrón at Sebring
- ESM Patrón Leveraging Home-Track Advantage at Sebring
- Ryan Dalziel Wants Debut with ESM Win at Sebring
- Rollercoaster Rolex for ESM Patrón
- ESM Patrón Team Hour 12 of Rolex 24
- Opening Hours of Rolex 24 Unkind to ESM Patrón Team
- Ryan Dalziel continues to support West of Scotland Kart Club
- DALZIEL SIGNS WITH ESM PATRON FOR 2014 SEASON
- RYAN DALZIEL STORMS TO INDY WIN AND TAKES LEAD IN ROLEX GRAND-AM SERIES
- RYAN DALZIEL HELPS BRING VIPER HOME ON LE MANS RETURN
- RYAN DALZIEL CLOSES TITLE GAP AFTER PODIUM
- RYAN DALZIEL MISSES OUT ON MOTOWN HIT
- RYAN DALZIEL AIMING TO BE A DETROIT WINNER
- DALZIEL TAKES HARD-FOUGHT SECOND PLACE AT ROAD ATLANTA
- RYAN DALZIEL TO GET TITLE CHARGE ON RIGHT ROAD AT ATLANTA
- RYAN DALZIEL TO MAKE WORLD CHALLENGE DEBUT FOR TRUSPEED
- RYAN DALZIEL SHOWS FIGHTING QUALITIES IN SEBRING FINISH
- Ryan Dalziel Takes Stunning Second in Texas
- DALZIEL JOINS SRT MOTORSPORTS FOR THE ENDUROS
- RYAN DALZIEL IN TITLE VOW TO EASE ROLEX 24 PAIN
- RIGHT TIME FOR RYAN DALZIEL TO GRAB ANOTHER ROLEX
- WILLIAM LYONS TROPHY AS SMRC HONOURS RYAN DALZIEL
- RYAN DALZIEL TO FLY SCOTTISH KART STAR TO DAYTONA 24
- Ryan Dalziel and Starworks Clinch FIA World Endurance Title
- Unfinished Business For Ryan Dalziel In Japan
- Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining for Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel's Looking For Silver Service
- Ryan Dalziel happy to make a point at Watkins Glen
- Ryan Dalziel Has Double Vision In Living The Indy Dream
- Seconds out as Le Mans winner Ryan Dalziel hits the Road
- Ryan Dalziel lives Le Mans dream but gets back to real world
- Le Mans Winner
- Season Starts Again For Table-Topper Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel Won't Be A Detroit Spinner
- Ryan Dalziel Storms To The Top Of The Charts Despite A Hit
- Ryan Dalziel Aims To Turn Up The Heat After Pain In The Rain
- Ryan Dalziel is Homing in on Championship Points at Homestead
- Life's A Beach for Birthday Boy Ryan Dalziel After ALMS Class Win
- Ryan Dalziel joins CORE for Long Beach
- Ryan Dalziel Cuts Proud Figure at Head of Queue at Barber
- No Short Cuts as Ryan Dalziel Heads for Barber
- Ryan Dalziel is on Top of the World
- Ryan Dalziel Ready to take on the World
- Ryan's Ready For The Biggest Year Of His Career
- Inspired Show From Ryan Dalziel End With Stunning Second At Daytona 24
- Ryan's Keeping Watch Out For A Rolex
- Rocking Ryan Leads United Autosoports to Podium Glory
- Ryan Aims For High In Dubai
- Dalziel Teams Up With United Autosports For Winter GT Races
- Grand-Am Series announcement
- CORE values to the fore as Ryan suffers
- Ryan aims to be man of Atlanta
- Tears and cheers as Ryan wins at Mid-Ohio
- Ryan's ready to rumble at Mid-Ohio
- Double vision's a sore one for Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel Montreal Preview
- Ryan Dalziel grabs Watkins Glen podium
- Watkins Glen Preview
- Dalziel Podiums at Barber Motorsport Park
- Dalziel Podiums in Second at Sebring 12 Hours
- Dalziel Denied Homestead Grand-Am Victory
- Dalziel Targeting Homestead Bounce Back
- Early Set-Back Dashes Dalziels Daytona Hopes
- A Lap Around Daytona, With Ryan Dalziel
- Dalziel Takes Aim at Daytona Double
- Dalziel Unofficially Shatters Daytona DP Track Record
- Dalziel Back to Defend Daytona 24 Crown
- JaguarRSR STATEMENT OF EARLY RETIREMENT IN PETIT LE MANS
- Video: Petit Le Mans Qualfiying Report
- JaguarRSR READY FOR PETIT LE MANS DOUBLE ASSAULT
- Forest And Dalziel Finish Fifth In Final 2010 Race!
- Bad Luck Struck Starworks Drivers In Canada!
- A PROMISING WEEKEND FOR JaguarRSR AT ROAD AMERICA
- LAP AROUND ROAD AMERICA by Ryan Dalziel
- JaguarRSR ON A COMPETITIVE PATH FOR ROAD AMERICA
- STARWORKS MOTORSPORT BACK AT WATKINS GLEN!
- JaguarRSR EARNS FIRST TOP TEN FINISH AND POINTS AT LIME ROCK
- JaguarRSR GEARED UP FOR NEXT CHALLENGE: LIME ROCK PARK
- Another Top Five for Starworks Motorsport!
- JaguarRSR RECOVERS FROM FIRST LAP MISHAP TO TAKE THE CHECKERED IN UTAH
- JaguarRSR BACK ON TRACK IN UTAH
- Will The 100th DP Race Be Synonymous With 1st Win for Starworks?
- Starworks Motorsport Mid-Ohio Race Review
- Objective Redemption For Dalziel & Forest At Mid-Ohio!
- JaguarRSR LE MANS 24 HOURS UPDATE
- JaguarRSR XKR GT2 SECURES GRID POSITION FOR THE 78TH RUNNING OF THE LE MANS 24 HOURS
- JaguarRSR's FIRST TAKE FROM LE MANS
- Video; Lime Rock Park Race Report
- Ryan Dalziel Set for Le Mans Big Cat Experience
- JaguarRSR confirms driver line-up for Le Mans 24 Hours
- JaguarRSR XKR GT GOES THE DISTANCE AT MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA
- INCREASED TIMES FOR JaguarRSR AT MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA; TEAM QUALIFIES 11TH
- LAP AROUND MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA by Ryan Dalziel
- JaguarRSR ON THE PROWL FOR ENDURANCE FIGHT AT MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA