RYAN DALZIEL MISSES OUT ON MOTOWN HIT
- 02 June 2013
Starworks forced to settle for third place at Detroit
Ryan Dalziel now focusing on Le Mans test day
Frustrated endurance star Ryan Dalziel was left ruing the victory that got away in a dramatic Chevrolet Grand-Am Detroit 200 at Belle Isle.
Scottish star Ryan and Venezuelan team-mate Alex Popow proved they had a car that could win the race, when Ryan topped the timesheets in practice.
Then Alex produced a battling stint to move the Fort Lauderdale-based Starworks Motorsport #2 Ford Riley from third at the start into the lead.
Alex brought the car in for a pitstop under a full yellow flag caution just after the hour mark.
RYAN DALZIEL AIMING TO BE A DETROIT WINNER
- 31 May 2013
Fired-up endurance star Ryan Dalziel is aiming to build on his hard-fought second place in the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Cars Series at Road Atlanta by finding Victory Lane in the Chevrolet Grand-Am Detroit 200 at Belle Isle .
The proud Scot was in determined mood as he left his home in Windermere, Florida, to fire up Starworks Motorsport’s title charge in Detroit this weekend.
The Fort Lauderdale- based outfit is fully focused on closing the gap at the top of rankings and Ryan and Venezuelan team-mate Alex Popow believe they have the car and the strategy to succeed at Belle Isle.
DALZIEL TAKES HARD-FOUGHT SECOND PLACE AT ROAD ATLANTA
- 21 April 2013
NARROWS THE CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS BATTLE
On-form endurance star Ryan Dalziel mixed a stunning pit strategy with awesome speed to fire Starworks Motorsport right back into the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series title mix.
The proud Scot – who lives in Windermere, Florida – had the Saltire flying high after a mega two-hour stint brought the #2 Ford/Riley home in a sensational second place in the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series Visual Studio Ultimate Grand Prix of Atlanta.
It had been a tough weekend for the Fort Lauderdale-based team as rain hampered their preparations at the Road Atlanta course.
RYAN DALZIEL TO GET TITLE CHARGE ON RIGHT ROAD AT ATLANTA
- 18 April 2013
Endurance star Ryan Dalziel is hoping to bounce back from Barber and get his Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series title charge back on track at Road Atlanta.
2012 Speed.com Sports Car Driver of the Year Ryan — from Windermere in Florida - is eyeing up a podium in Georgia after their sixth-place finish last time out in Alabama.
And proud Scot Ryan - originally from Airdrie in Lanarkshire — is determined to make sure his national Saltire flag is flying high on Saturday night.
RYAN DALZIEL TO MAKE WORLD CHALLENGE DEBUT FOR TRUSPEED
- 20 March 2013
2012 Speed.com Sports Car driver of the year Ryan Dalziel has signed a stunning deal to make his Pirelli World Challenge debut with TruSpeed Motorsports.
It promises to be a baptism of fire for the proud Scot – who lives in Windermere, Florida - as he will be out in the car this weekend for the double-header at St Petersburg in Florida.
Ryan will drive the #46 Privacy Star/Entrust Porsche for the California-based team as they return to Pirelli World Challenge action.
RYAN DALZIEL SHOWS FIGHTING QUALITIES IN SEBRING FINISH
- 17 March 2013
2012 Speed.com Sports Car driver of the year Ryan Dalziel battled the bumps of the iconic Sebring International Raceway to give SRT Motorsports a fighting fifth place finish in the Twelve Hours of Sebring.
Ryan – originally from Airdrie in Lanarkshire – showed he has maintained the form that took him the FIA World Endurance Championship LMP2 team title and second place in the GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Cars Series with two flawless stints in Florida.
Ryan Dalziel Takes Stunning Second in Texas
- 03 March 2013
2012 Speed.com Sports Car driver of the year Ryan Dalziel produced a driving masterclass to help Starworks Motorsport to second place at the Grand-Am Of The Americas in Austin, Texas.
The proud Scot - who now lives in Windermere, Florida – needed all his battling qualities to fight his way up the field in the #2 Ford Riley. He had an excellent crowd on its feet as he started the last lap in third place, but finished just four tenths of a second down in second place.
DALZIEL JOINS SRT MOTORSPORTS FOR THE ENDUROS
- 09 February 2013
· Endurance ace joins factory backed SRT Viper GTS-R program for 12 hours of Sebring, 24 hours of Le Mans and Petit Le Mans
· Will compete in all non-conflicting FIA World Endurance Championship races with Starworks Motorsport in the LMP2 class
2012 Speed.com Sports Car driver of the year Ryan Dalziel has agreed to a dream deal to join factory-backed SRT Motorsports to tackle three of the biggest sportscar races in the world.
RYAN DALZIEL IN TITLE VOW TO EASE ROLEX 24 PAIN
- 29 January 2013
The proud Scot - one of the pre-race favorites – had to settle for sixth place after a string of mishaps hit the Fort Lauderdale-based Starworks Motorsport Ford/Riley.
But Ryan - who lives in Windermere, Florida, but is originally from Airdrie in Lanarkshire, Scotland – has promised to use the pain of the performance to boost his Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series title bid with Venezuelan ace Alex Popow.
The Starworks team had defied sleep to get the car ready for the race, and Ryan was in the seat for qualifying. He had the Ford/Riley on the limit, but could only manage seventh place.
RIGHT TIME FOR RYAN DALZIEL TO GRAB ANOTHER ROLEX
- 21 January 2013
SPEED.COM 2012 Sports Car Driver of the Year Ryan Dalziel launches his new website and his 2013 season at Daytona International Speedway this weekend with a determined bid to banish the one blackspot on his 2012 campaign.
Proud Scot Ryan — who now lives in Windermere, Florida — enjoyed a dream season with Fort Lauderdale-based Starworks Motorsport as they won the World Endurance Championship LMP2 title and came second in the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series as he enjoyed a staggering 21 podiums in 27 races.
WILLIAM LYONS TROPHY AS SMRC HONOURS RYAN DALZIEL
- 02 December 2012
World endurance champion Ryan Dalziel had even more reasons to celebrate 2012 after the Scottish Motor Racing Club honoured his achievements at their annual dinner and awards.
Proud Scot Ryan - who lives in Windermere, Florida – was given a standing ovation by more than 400 SMRC racers and guests as he was led into the room by a piper along with Indy500 winner Dario Franchitti at the Sheraton Hotel in Edinburgh on Saturday night.
Ryan, originally from Lanarkshire, Scotland, was already celebrating his LMP2 title win in the FIA World Endurance Championship with Starworks Motorsport, and his career-best runner-up in the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series.
RYAN DALZIEL TO FLY SCOTTISH KART STAR TO DAYTONA 24
- 01 December 2012
World Endurance LMP 2 champion and former Rolex 24 winner Ryan Dalziel has made it a magical Christmas for young Scottish kart star Ciaran Haggerty – by giving him an all-expenses trip to Daytona.
The flying Scotsman announced the trip at the West of Scotland Kart Club annual awards in Bellshill, Lanarkshire, on Friday – and Ciaran was picked for the £5,000 prize.
Ryan – who lives in Windermere, Florida, but is originally from Lanarkshire - He has arranged for flights, rental car, hotel and race tickets for the Grand-Am Rolex 24 at Daytona International Speedway.
Sixteen-year-old Ciaran and his dad Joe, from Johnstone in Renfrewshire, will also stay in the same hotel as the Starworks Motorsport team and get exclusive access to the crew and pitlane during the race weekend.
The prize marks the end of a stunning season for Ryan and Ciaran. While Ryan and Starworks Motorsport won the FIA World Endurance Championship LMP2, tasted victory in the Le Mans 24 Hours and achieved a career-best second place in the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series, Ciaran has been on the trophy trail in Britain.
Ryan Dalziel and Starworks Clinch FIA World Endurance Title
- 14 October 2012
|Pictures courtesy of John Dagys|
The Scot – who lives in Windermere, Florida – and team-mates Enzo Potolicchio, from Venezuela, and French star Stephane Sarrazin knew they only had to better the result of their Pecom Racing rivals.
They managed to bring the #44 Starworks HPD Honda home two laps clear of the #49 car, in second place behind the ADR-Delta entry.
That was enough for the celebrations to start in the Starworks garage as they added the world title to class wins at Sebring in Forida, the Le Mans 24 Hours in France, and Brazil. They were also on the podium at Silverstone although Ryan missed their third place in Bahrain.
Unfinished Business For Ryan Dalziel In Japan
- 11 October 2012
Scottish star Ryan – who lives in Windermere, Florida – can make that dream come true this weekend with victory in the Six Hours Of Japan at the Fuji Speedway.
Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining for Ryan Dalziel
- 27 August 2012
Endurance star Ryan Dalziel put the Star in Starworks with a stellar show at Silverstone to turn his homecoming race into a real party.
The Scot, who now lives in Windermere in Florida, was in top form as he helped Fort Lauderdale-based Starworks Motorsport tackle the Six Hours of Silverstone in the FIA World Endurance Championship.
Ryan Dalziel's Looking For Silver Service
- 22 August 2012
Ryan – who moved from Lanarkshire in Scotland to forge a hugely successful career in the US – is back in Britain for the latest round of the FIA World Endurance Championship with Fort Lauderdale-based Starworks Motorsport.
Ryan Dalziel happy to make a point at Watkins Glen
- 13 August 2012
On-form Ryan Dalziel insisted he was up for Rolex Grand-Am Sports Car title fight after scorching to a sensational win at Watkins Glen in New York.
Scotland’s Ryan, who now lives in Windermere in Florida, endured a rollercoaster of emotions after the controversy at Indianapolis two weeks ago.
Ryan Dalziel Has Double Vision In Living The Indy Dream
- 25 July 2012
On-form Ryan Dalziel admits he is living the dream on Friday (July 27) when he races at the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway in the latest round of the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series.
Ryan will follow a host of his sporting heroes in attacking the legendary track and he admits it will just be the latest in a season that has been stacked full of highs.
Seconds out as Le Mans winner Ryan Dalziel hits the Road
- 25 June 2012
Le Mans 24-Hour winner Ryan Dalziel had little time to celebrate his sensational win in the epic 24-hour race in France because he was immediately back in the air to America to prepare for the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series.
The aim was simple – Ryan wanted to boost his title chances and complete a dream week.
Ryan Dalziel lives Le Mans dream but gets back to real world
- 20 June 2012
RYAN DALZIEL stormed to the biggest win of his career so far when he helped Starworks Motorsport to the LMP2 title in the world-famous Le Mans 24-Hours. The victory – by more than a lap – was a sensational result on the Fort Lauderdale-based team’s debut in the event. Ryan, who lives in Windermere, Florida , had little time to celebrate as he flew back to the States for this weekend’s Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series race – the Rolex 250 drive byVisitflorida.com at Road America. Ryan, originally from Lanarkshire in Scotland, sits just two points off the lead in the championship and will be hoping to add another victory to his amazing Le Mans triumph. He took time out to look back on Le Mans and plan ahead for Road America.
- Le Mans Winner
- Season Starts Again For Table-Topper Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel Won't Be A Detroit Spinner
- Ryan Dalziel Storms To The Top Of The Charts Despite A Hit
- Ryan Dalziel Aims To Turn Up The Heat After Pain In The Rain
- Ryan Dalziel is Homing in on Championship Points at Homestead
- Life's A Beach for Birthday Boy Ryan Dalziel After ALMS Class Win
- Ryan Dalziel joins CORE for Long Beach
- Ryan Dalziel Cuts Proud Figure at Head of Queue at Barber
- No Short Cuts as Ryan Dalziel Heads for Barber
- Ryan Dalziel is on Top of the World
- Ryan Dalziel Ready to take on the World
- Ryan's Ready For The Biggest Year Of His Career
- Inspired Show From Ryan Dalziel End With Stunning Second At Daytona 24
- Ryan's Keeping Watch Out For A Rolex
- Rocking Ryan Leads United Autosoports to Podium Glory
- Ryan Aims For High In Dubai
- Dalziel Teams Up With United Autosports For Winter GT Races
- Grand-Am Series announcement
- CORE values to the fore as Ryan suffers
- Ryan aims to be man of Atlanta
- Tears and cheers as Ryan wins at Mid-Ohio
- Ryan's ready to rumble at Mid-Ohio
- Double vision's a sore one for Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel Montreal Preview
- Ryan Dalziel grabs Watkins Glen podium
- Watkins Glen Preview
- Dalziel Podiums at Barber Motorsport Park
- Dalziel Podiums in Second at Sebring 12 Hours
- Dalziel Denied Homestead Grand-Am Victory
- Dalziel Targeting Homestead Bounce Back
- Early Set-Back Dashes Dalziels Daytona Hopes
- A Lap Around Daytona, With Ryan Dalziel
- Dalziel Takes Aim at Daytona Double
- Dalziel Unofficially Shatters Daytona DP Track Record
- Dalziel Back to Defend Daytona 24 Crown
- JaguarRSR STATEMENT OF EARLY RETIREMENT IN PETIT LE MANS
- Video: Petit Le Mans Qualfiying Report
- JaguarRSR READY FOR PETIT LE MANS DOUBLE ASSAULT
- Forest And Dalziel Finish Fifth In Final 2010 Race!
- Bad Luck Struck Starworks Drivers In Canada!
- A PROMISING WEEKEND FOR JaguarRSR AT ROAD AMERICA
- LAP AROUND ROAD AMERICA by Ryan Dalziel
- JaguarRSR ON A COMPETITIVE PATH FOR ROAD AMERICA
- STARWORKS MOTORSPORT BACK AT WATKINS GLEN!
- JaguarRSR EARNS FIRST TOP TEN FINISH AND POINTS AT LIME ROCK
- JaguarRSR GEARED UP FOR NEXT CHALLENGE: LIME ROCK PARK
- Another Top Five for Starworks Motorsport!
- JaguarRSR RECOVERS FROM FIRST LAP MISHAP TO TAKE THE CHECKERED IN UTAH
- JaguarRSR BACK ON TRACK IN UTAH
- Will The 100th DP Race Be Synonymous With 1st Win for Starworks?
- Starworks Motorsport Mid-Ohio Race Review
- Objective Redemption For Dalziel & Forest At Mid-Ohio!
- JaguarRSR LE MANS 24 HOURS UPDATE
- JaguarRSR XKR GT2 SECURES GRID POSITION FOR THE 78TH RUNNING OF THE LE MANS 24 HOURS
- JaguarRSR's FIRST TAKE FROM LE MANS
- Video; Lime Rock Park Race Report
- Ryan Dalziel Set for Le Mans Big Cat Experience
- JaguarRSR confirms driver line-up for Le Mans 24 Hours
- JaguarRSR XKR GT GOES THE DISTANCE AT MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA
- INCREASED TIMES FOR JaguarRSR AT MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA; TEAM QUALIFIES 11TH
- LAP AROUND MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA by Ryan Dalziel
- JaguarRSR ON THE PROWL FOR ENDURANCE FIGHT AT MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA
- JaguarRSR TAKES FIRST CHECKERED FLAG; FINISHES 11TH IN CLASS AT LONG BEACH
- JaguarRSR CONTINUES TO MOVE FORWARD WITH XKR GT IN LONG BEACH
- Video: Porsche 250 Race Report
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WTH RYAN DALZIEL BEFORE BARBER
- JaguarRSR TAKES GREEN FLAG IN SEBRING, COOLING ISSUE ENDS RACE EARLY
- JaguarRSR OVERCOMING OBSTACLES FOR A SUCCESSFUL QUALIFYING RUN IN SEBRING
- Sebring Qualifying Report Video
- JaguarRSR'S Cat Ready to Attack in Sebring ALMS Opener
- Ryan Dalziel Joins The Driver Line Up At JaguarRSR For 2010 ALMS Season
- Scotlands Ryan Dalziel Wins Rolex 24 at Daytona
- Rolex 24 Videos
- Dalziel and Starworks Launch race4haiti.com
- Ryan Dalziel 2010 Preview Q&A
- Dalziel Set for Grand-Am Season Finale
- Dalziel Scores Daytona Podium on Grand-Am Return
- Dalziel Back To Daytona Prototypes with Orbit Racing
- Motorsport Technology Group Signs Dalziel
- Dalziel Returns to Grand-Am to Defend Laguna Seca Victory
- Alegra Motorsports' StrategicAir Riley BMW Shows Its Muscle at Rolex 24
- Rolex 24 Qualifying Has Its Ups and Downs
- Dalziel Relishing 09 Season Start with Rolex 24 at Daytona
- Dalziel Confirms 2009 Season with Alegra
- Dalziel Steers Rangers to Top-Five Superleague Finish
- Dalziel Invited to Charity Event; Rolex Tickets to be Auctioned Off
- Dalziel Back to Grand-Am for Finale with Michael Shank Racing
- Dalziel Confirmed as Rangers Superleague Formula Driver
- Dalziel and SAMAX to Miss Barber
- Dalziel Denied Daytona Podium
- Promising Pace Fails to Translate for Dalziel and SAMAX
- Dalziel Upbeat Heading to Mid-Ohio
- Weird Watkins Weekend Limits Dalziel and SAMAX
- Dalziel Aiming for Back-to-Back Grand-Am Wins
- Ryan Dalziel Q&A
- Dalziel Steers SAMAX to Maiden Grand-Am Victory
- Laguna Seca Next Stop for Dalziel
- Stellar Drive Earns Dalziel Grand-Am Podium
- Dalziel Re-launches Website Heading to VIR