Crushing day in Canada for ESM Patrón
- 14 July 2014
BOWMANVILLE, Ontario, Canada – Extreme Speed Motorsports was confident heading into today’s Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP). Following second- and fourth-place qualifying efforts on a track that showed some favoritism to the Tequila Patrón prototype machines, ESM’s day came to an abrupt end following electrical and exhaust system issues in the two-hour, 45-minute race.
Both the No. 1 and No. 2 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) racing machines were unable to finish the race but ranked seventh and eighth on the unofficial scoring sheets in the sixth round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
Front Row Start for ESM Patrón at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- 13 July 2014
Dalziel qualifies No. 1 second; No. 2 qualifies fourth
BOWMANVILLE, Ontario, Canada – In an intense 15-minute qualifying session on Saturday, Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) traded barbs with the competition for pole position. Among those swapping the lead for the top spot was ESM’s Ryan Dalziel in the No. 1 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development (HPD) ARX-03b. At the end of the session, Dalziel settled for the second starting spot at 1:09.456 (127.453 mph), less than three-tenths behind the pole-winning car.
The Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda prototypes qualified second and fourth for Sunday’s Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix, the seventh round of TUDOR United SportsCar Championship at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP).
ESM Patrón Returns to Canadian Tire Motorsports Park: Site of First GT Win
- 09 July 2014
magicJack app keeps team connected
STUART, Fla. – July 8, 2014 – Two years ago at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP), a hard-charging Johannes van Overbeek made a late-race pass that put Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) in a position to take its first GT class win. It was a memorable day for ESM and Tequila Patrón – and a finish the team would like to repeat this weekend for the Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix, the seventh round of TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
A few things have changed since that 2012 win: ESM switched to the Honda Performance Development (HPD) ARX-03b racing machines, Ed Brown and van Overbeek co-drive the No. 2 prototype and Ryan Dalziel is co-driver with Scott Sharp. This year, ESM added magicJack as an associate sponsor on the black and green Tequila Patrón-sponsored cars. ESM drivers and crew have downloaded the magicApp to their phones and can now call friends and family and avoid roaming charges this weekend while in Canada.
Heartbreak for ESM Patrón Team at Watkins Glen
- 29 June 2014
WATKINS GLEN, NY – After a promising warmup session this morning for Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) with the fastest times posted, the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen race was filled with heartbreak and disappointment. Despite a competitive effort by the Nos. 1 and 2 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development teams, any hopes of solid finishes today at Watkins Glen International were dashed by a combination of contact from an overzealous competitor, electrical and mechanical issues.
After six hours of hard TUDOR United SportsCar Championship racing, the ESM team finished in 10th and 11th places.
ESM Patrón Qualifies Fifth and Seventh at Watkins Glen
- 28 June 2014
Both Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) machines spent time at the top of the timing sheets during the three practice sessions. Scott Sharp and Ryan Dalziel left Watkins Glen International following Friday’s lone session with the No. 1 machine atop the charts. Dalziel, Sharp and Johannes van Overbeek led the field at separate times on Saturday during the two practice sessions.
ESM Patrón Set for Prototype Debut at Watkins Glen
- 25 June 2014
STUART, Fla. – The Tequila Patrón-sponsored Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) team might be making its Watkins Glen debut this weekend in the Honda Performance Development (HPD) ARX-03b racing machines, but ESM drivers have a combined 16 starts, three pole positions and three wins at the upstate New York circuit.
ESM heads into the sixth round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race – the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen – with confidence following a mid-May test session at the New York track.
Known as one of the premier permanent road courses in North America, Watkins Glen is an 11-turn, 3.37-mile road course. This event marks the return of an endurance event in the TUDOR Championship. The last three rounds of competition featured 100-minute sprint events. ESM is looking forward to returning to a six-hour race.
Challenging Day for ESM Patrón at Detroit
- 01 June 2014
DETROIT, Mich., – The Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) team had high – yet realistic – expectations heading into this weekend’s Chevrolet Sports Car Classic presented by the Metro Detroit Chevy Dealers, the fifth race of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race. Those expectations were confirmed Saturday afternoon when both Tequila Patrón-sponsored machines earned top-10 finishes.
Scott Sharp and Ryan Dalziel finished fifth in the No. 1 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) while Ed Brown and Johannes van Overbeek finished seventh in the No. 2 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD).
Front Row Start for ESM Patrón at Detroit
- 31 May 2014
DETROIT, Mich. – Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) will start on the front row Saturday for the Chevrolet Sports Car Classic presented by the Metro Detroit Chevy Dealers. Ryan Dalziel in the No. 1 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) clocked a lap time of 1:25.029 (99.495 mph) just moments before the end of Friday’s qualifying. It looked as if ESM was about to score its second consecutive pole position in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship. Unfortunately, another race car ousted Dalziel and the Tequila Patrón team by just 0.018 seconds.
The No. 1 Tequila Patrón team of Dalziel and Scott Sharp will start second, the outside pole, for Saturday afternoon’s race. After two practice sessions, the No. 1 Tequila Patrón HPD made the right adjustments to optimize its qualifying performance. Sharp will start the race for the No. 1 machine and Dalziel will drive to the checkered flag in the 100-minute race.
Extreme Speed Motorsports to run HPD ARX-04b Honda
- 03 May 2014
Le Mans effort considered
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. – Honda Performance Development today announced the sale of two new HPD ARX-04b Honda coupes to Extreme Speed Motorsports for an ambitious 2015 racing program that may include the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
The ARX-04b is fully compliant with the latest ACO LMP2 regulations, and exceeds the safety standards of the new enclosed-cockpit configuration. The new design is eligible for competition in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, FIA World Endurance Championship, European Le Mans Series and Asian Le Mans Series.
ESM Patrón Targeting Win at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- 29 April 2014
Channeling that race performance, ESM looks to improve its finish by one position and leave California with a win at the two-hour Grand Prix of Monterey, the fourth race in the 2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
All four ESM drivers have different reasons for Mazda Raceway being one of their favorite tracks. Oakland, Calif., native Johannes van Overbeek calls Laguna his home track. In October 2009, Scott Sharp and then co-driver David Brabham clinched the ALMS P1 championship win. In a two-fold announcement that same weekend, Sharp revealed the formation of Extreme Speed Motorsports for the 2010 season and its first driver – Ed Brown. The circuit is also the site of Ryan Dalziel’s first sports car win.
Heartbreaking final lap for ESM Patrón at Long Beach
- 12 April 2014
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) had high expectations heading into Long Beach following back-to-back podium finishes there in 2012 and 2013. During today’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race, ESM finished sixth and seventh.
On the final lap of the Tequila Patrón Sports Car Showcase at Long Beach, Ryan Dalziel was running fourth overall. As soon as Dalziel entered Turn 1, the No. 1 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) ran out of fuel, dashing the team’s hopes of a top-five finish.
ESM Patrón Ready for Long Beach Street Battle
- 11 April 2014
Long Beach, Calif. – Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) took to the streets today in preparation of 100 minutes of wheel-to-wheel combat through the narrow, bumpy streets and unforgiving walls of the 1.968-mile, 11-turn Long Beach layout that plays host to the Tequila Patrón Sports Car Showcase, round three of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
During Friday’s qualifying session Ryan Dalziel, co-driver of the No. 1 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD), was running strong laps at the start of the 15-minute qualifying session. On his fifth lap, the No. 1 machine lost drive and stopped on course which drew the red flag. Dalziel was towed back to the where the team determined a transmission component failure prevented Dalziel from completing the session. Per the IMSA rulebook, the No. 1 team lost its fastest lap for causing a red flag during qualifying, which made the car’s official qualifying lap a 1:17.833 (91.026 mph).
Ryan Dalziel Aims for Perfect Birthday Gift at Long Beach
- 07 April 2014
Ryan is full of confidence after a dominant display in the last round of the Mobil1 12 Hours of Sebring, where he helped the Patron Tequila-backed ESM Honda to second place.
The proud Scot — who is originally from Airdrie in Lanarkshire but now lives in Windermere, Florida — wants to build on that performance with another strong showing in the Tudor United Sports Car Championship when the action starts in the Tequila Patron Sports Car Showcase.
Ryan Dalziel Proud of ESM’S Sebring Podium
- 20 March 2014
Endurance star Ryan Dalziel believes Extreme Speed Motorsports are ready to soar this season after a battling display in the 62nd running of the Mobil1 12 Hours of Sebring.
The proud Scot — who is originally from Airdrie in Lanarkshire but now lives in Windermere, Florida — was desperate to turn the iconic Sebring track into a home from home in the Patron Tequila-backed ESM Honda.
And they believed they turned their Tudor United Sports Car Championship opening round disappointment at Daytona into a sizzler at Sebring.
Ryan, team principal Scott Sharp and Australian star David Brabham kept the HPD prototype at the sharp end of the grid, and they were the dominant package during the race – leading the most laps and looking set for the victory with just an hour to go.
ESM Patrón Runner-Up at Sebring
- 16 March 2014
Best ESM result at Sebring with second and fifth place finishes
SEBRING, Fla. – Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) set a new team record at the 62nd Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh from Florida as both of the Tequila Patrón-sponsored teams and drivers finished in the top-five at Sebring.
Scott Sharp, Ryan Dalziel and David Brabham, co-drivers of the No. 1 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD), finished second.
ESM Patrón Leads Sebring at Six Hour Mark
- 15 March 2014
Dalziel leads in No. 1 HPD; Pagenaud runs fifth in No. 2 HPD
SEBRING, Fla. – Extreme Speed Motorsports’ Ryan Dalziel, in the No. 1 Tequila Patrón HPD, leads the 62nd Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh from Florida at the halfway point. Dalziel took the race lead with 127 laps completed, 12 minutes shy of halfway.
Dalziel was able to reach the race lead following solid double stints by co-drivers Scott Sharp and David Brabham. Sharp started the race and ran in the top-five for the majority of his two-hour stint. A pit stop and several caution flags dropped Sharp in the field, but he was able to rebound before a scheduled driver change to Brabham. During his stint Brabham wheeled the Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) to third place in class.
Top-10 Qualifying Effort for ESM Patrón at Sebring
- 14 March 2014
No. 1 qualifies fourth; No. 2 qualifies eighth
SEBRING, Fla. – The Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) team continued on its trek to a home track victory at Sebring International Raceway today during qualifying for the 62nd Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh from Florida. As the second race on the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship schedule and second round of the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup (NAEC), ESM seeks its first team win of the season and valuable points in both the series championship as well as the NAEC.
The Stuart, Fla.-based team maximized on-track time and continually made improvements to the Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda Performance Development ARX-03b race cars. A daunting 3.74-mile, 17-turn circuit requires the race cars to be engineered to maximum capacity. The Sebring venue is notoriously brutal on machinery, but ESM has the wherewithal to ensure the race cars withstand the 12-hour event.
ESM Patrón Leveraging Home-Track Advantage at Sebring
- 11 March 2014
STUART, Fla., – Mar. 11, 2014 – The 12 Hours of Sebring is a celebration of endurance racing at one of the most historic sports car venues on the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship calendar: Sebring International Raceway and home track of Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM). The second round of the TUDOR Championship takes place this week with the 62nd Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh from Florida.
Looking for a Sebring win and valuable points in the TUDOR Championship and the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup (NAEC), ESM is determined to hoist the Sebring winner’s trophy late Saturday night. It would be fitting to see Sebring’s home team stand atop the podium, especially since event this marks the second race of the four-race Tequila Patrón-sponsored NAEC. Sebring is approximately a two-hour drive for the Stuart-based team.
Ryan Dalziel Wants Debut with ESM Win at Sebring
- 10 March 2014
Perfect tribute to father-in-law who passed away
Launches merchandise deal to raise cash for Retts Syndrome
The proud Scot — who is originally from Airdrie in Lanarkshire but now lives in Windermere, Florida — wants to turn the iconic Sebring track into a home from home in the Patron Tequila-backed Extreme Speed Motorsports HPD.
Rollercoaster Rolex for ESM Patrón
- 26 January 2014
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The new era of sports car racing began this weekend at the 52nd Annual Rolex 24 At Daytona, the inaugural race of the 2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship and the first round of the four-race Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup (NAEC).
For 24 hours, Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) battled against some of the best racers from around the world. At the end of the endurance race, the team finished seventh and 15th in the highly-competitive prototype class that was comprised of former American Le Mans Series (ALMS) P2s and former GRAND-AM Daytona Prototypes.
- ESM Patrón Team Hour 12 of Rolex 24
- Opening Hours of Rolex 24 Unkind to ESM Patrón Team
- Ryan Dalziel continues to support West of Scotland Kart Club
- DALZIEL SIGNS WITH ESM PATRON FOR 2014 SEASON
- RYAN DALZIEL STORMS TO INDY WIN AND TAKES LEAD IN ROLEX GRAND-AM SERIES
- RYAN DALZIEL HELPS BRING VIPER HOME ON LE MANS RETURN
- RYAN DALZIEL CLOSES TITLE GAP AFTER PODIUM
- RYAN DALZIEL MISSES OUT ON MOTOWN HIT
- RYAN DALZIEL AIMING TO BE A DETROIT WINNER
- DALZIEL TAKES HARD-FOUGHT SECOND PLACE AT ROAD ATLANTA
- RYAN DALZIEL TO GET TITLE CHARGE ON RIGHT ROAD AT ATLANTA
- RYAN DALZIEL TO MAKE WORLD CHALLENGE DEBUT FOR TRUSPEED
- RYAN DALZIEL SHOWS FIGHTING QUALITIES IN SEBRING FINISH
- Ryan Dalziel Takes Stunning Second in Texas
- DALZIEL JOINS SRT MOTORSPORTS FOR THE ENDUROS
- RYAN DALZIEL IN TITLE VOW TO EASE ROLEX 24 PAIN
- RIGHT TIME FOR RYAN DALZIEL TO GRAB ANOTHER ROLEX
- WILLIAM LYONS TROPHY AS SMRC HONOURS RYAN DALZIEL
- RYAN DALZIEL TO FLY SCOTTISH KART STAR TO DAYTONA 24
- Ryan Dalziel and Starworks Clinch FIA World Endurance Title
- Unfinished Business For Ryan Dalziel In Japan
- Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining for Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel's Looking For Silver Service
- Ryan Dalziel happy to make a point at Watkins Glen
- Ryan Dalziel Has Double Vision In Living The Indy Dream
- Seconds out as Le Mans winner Ryan Dalziel hits the Road
- Ryan Dalziel lives Le Mans dream but gets back to real world
- Le Mans Winner
- Season Starts Again For Table-Topper Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel Won't Be A Detroit Spinner
- Ryan Dalziel Storms To The Top Of The Charts Despite A Hit
- Ryan Dalziel Aims To Turn Up The Heat After Pain In The Rain
- Ryan Dalziel is Homing in on Championship Points at Homestead
- Life's A Beach for Birthday Boy Ryan Dalziel After ALMS Class Win
- Ryan Dalziel joins CORE for Long Beach
- Ryan Dalziel Cuts Proud Figure at Head of Queue at Barber
- No Short Cuts as Ryan Dalziel Heads for Barber
- Ryan Dalziel is on Top of the World
- Ryan Dalziel Ready to take on the World
- Ryan's Ready For The Biggest Year Of His Career
- Inspired Show From Ryan Dalziel End With Stunning Second At Daytona 24
- Ryan's Keeping Watch Out For A Rolex
- Rocking Ryan Leads United Autosoports to Podium Glory
- Ryan Aims For High In Dubai
- Dalziel Teams Up With United Autosports For Winter GT Races
- Grand-Am Series announcement
- CORE values to the fore as Ryan suffers
- Ryan aims to be man of Atlanta
- Tears and cheers as Ryan wins at Mid-Ohio
- Ryan's ready to rumble at Mid-Ohio
- Double vision's a sore one for Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel Montreal Preview
- Ryan Dalziel grabs Watkins Glen podium
- Watkins Glen Preview
- Dalziel Podiums at Barber Motorsport Park
- Dalziel Podiums in Second at Sebring 12 Hours
- Dalziel Denied Homestead Grand-Am Victory
- Dalziel Targeting Homestead Bounce Back
- Early Set-Back Dashes Dalziels Daytona Hopes
- A Lap Around Daytona, With Ryan Dalziel
- Dalziel Takes Aim at Daytona Double
- Dalziel Unofficially Shatters Daytona DP Track Record
- Dalziel Back to Defend Daytona 24 Crown
- JaguarRSR STATEMENT OF EARLY RETIREMENT IN PETIT LE MANS
- Video: Petit Le Mans Qualfiying Report
- JaguarRSR READY FOR PETIT LE MANS DOUBLE ASSAULT
- Forest And Dalziel Finish Fifth In Final 2010 Race!
- Bad Luck Struck Starworks Drivers In Canada!
- A PROMISING WEEKEND FOR JaguarRSR AT ROAD AMERICA
- LAP AROUND ROAD AMERICA by Ryan Dalziel
- JaguarRSR ON A COMPETITIVE PATH FOR ROAD AMERICA
- STARWORKS MOTORSPORT BACK AT WATKINS GLEN!
- JaguarRSR EARNS FIRST TOP TEN FINISH AND POINTS AT LIME ROCK
- JaguarRSR GEARED UP FOR NEXT CHALLENGE: LIME ROCK PARK
- Another Top Five for Starworks Motorsport!
- JaguarRSR RECOVERS FROM FIRST LAP MISHAP TO TAKE THE CHECKERED IN UTAH
- JaguarRSR BACK ON TRACK IN UTAH
- Will The 100th DP Race Be Synonymous With 1st Win for Starworks?
- Starworks Motorsport Mid-Ohio Race Review
- Objective Redemption For Dalziel & Forest At Mid-Ohio!
- JaguarRSR LE MANS 24 HOURS UPDATE
- JaguarRSR XKR GT2 SECURES GRID POSITION FOR THE 78TH RUNNING OF THE LE MANS 24 HOURS
- JaguarRSR's FIRST TAKE FROM LE MANS
- Video; Lime Rock Park Race Report
- Ryan Dalziel Set for Le Mans Big Cat Experience
- JaguarRSR confirms driver line-up for Le Mans 24 Hours
- JaguarRSR XKR GT GOES THE DISTANCE AT MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA
- INCREASED TIMES FOR JaguarRSR AT MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA; TEAM QUALIFIES 11TH
- LAP AROUND MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA by Ryan Dalziel
- JaguarRSR ON THE PROWL FOR ENDURANCE FIGHT AT MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA
- JaguarRSR TAKES FIRST CHECKERED FLAG; FINISHES 11TH IN CLASS AT LONG BEACH
- JaguarRSR CONTINUES TO MOVE FORWARD WITH XKR GT IN LONG BEACH
- Video: Porsche 250 Race Report
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WTH RYAN DALZIEL BEFORE BARBER
- JaguarRSR TAKES GREEN FLAG IN SEBRING, COOLING ISSUE ENDS RACE EARLY
- JaguarRSR OVERCOMING OBSTACLES FOR A SUCCESSFUL QUALIFYING RUN IN SEBRING
- Sebring Qualifying Report Video
- JaguarRSR'S Cat Ready to Attack in Sebring ALMS Opener
- Ryan Dalziel Joins The Driver Line Up At JaguarRSR For 2010 ALMS Season
- Scotlands Ryan Dalziel Wins Rolex 24 at Daytona