Heartbreaking final lap for ESM Patrón at Long Beach
- 12 April 2014
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) had high expectations heading into Long Beach following back-to-back podium finishes there in 2012 and 2013. During today’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race, ESM finished sixth and seventh.
On the final lap of the Tequila Patrón Sports Car Showcase at Long Beach, Ryan Dalziel was running fourth overall. As soon as Dalziel entered Turn 1, the No. 1 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) ran out of fuel, dashing the team’s hopes of a top-five finish.
ESM Patrón Ready for Long Beach Street Battle
- 11 April 2014
Long Beach, Calif. – Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) took to the streets today in preparation of 100 minutes of wheel-to-wheel combat through the narrow, bumpy streets and unforgiving walls of the 1.968-mile, 11-turn Long Beach layout that plays host to the Tequila Patrón Sports Car Showcase, round three of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
During Friday’s qualifying session Ryan Dalziel, co-driver of the No. 1 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD), was running strong laps at the start of the 15-minute qualifying session. On his fifth lap, the No. 1 machine lost drive and stopped on course which drew the red flag. Dalziel was towed back to the where the team determined a transmission component failure prevented Dalziel from completing the session. Per the IMSA rulebook, the No. 1 team lost its fastest lap for causing a red flag during qualifying, which made the car’s official qualifying lap a 1:17.833 (91.026 mph).
Ryan Dalziel Aims for Perfect Birthday Gift at Long Beach
- 07 April 2014
Ryan is full of confidence after a dominant display in the last round of the Mobil1 12 Hours of Sebring, where he helped the Patron Tequila-backed ESM Honda to second place.
The proud Scot — who is originally from Airdrie in Lanarkshire but now lives in Windermere, Florida — wants to build on that performance with another strong showing in the Tudor United Sports Car Championship when the action starts in the Tequila Patron Sports Car Showcase.
Ryan Dalziel Proud of ESM’S Sebring Podium
- 20 March 2014
Endurance star Ryan Dalziel believes Extreme Speed Motorsports are ready to soar this season after a battling display in the 62nd running of the Mobil1 12 Hours of Sebring.
The proud Scot — who is originally from Airdrie in Lanarkshire but now lives in Windermere, Florida — was desperate to turn the iconic Sebring track into a home from home in the Patron Tequila-backed ESM Honda.
And they believed they turned their Tudor United Sports Car Championship opening round disappointment at Daytona into a sizzler at Sebring.
Ryan, team principal Scott Sharp and Australian star David Brabham kept the HPD prototype at the sharp end of the grid, and they were the dominant package during the race – leading the most laps and looking set for the victory with just an hour to go.
ESM Patrón Runner-Up at Sebring
- 16 March 2014
Best ESM result at Sebring with second and fifth place finishes
SEBRING, Fla. – Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) set a new team record at the 62nd Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh from Florida as both of the Tequila Patrón-sponsored teams and drivers finished in the top-five at Sebring.
Scott Sharp, Ryan Dalziel and David Brabham, co-drivers of the No. 1 Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD), finished second.
ESM Patrón Leads Sebring at Six Hour Mark
- 15 March 2014
Dalziel leads in No. 1 HPD; Pagenaud runs fifth in No. 2 HPD
SEBRING, Fla. – Extreme Speed Motorsports’ Ryan Dalziel, in the No. 1 Tequila Patrón HPD, leads the 62nd Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh from Florida at the halfway point. Dalziel took the race lead with 127 laps completed, 12 minutes shy of halfway.
Dalziel was able to reach the race lead following solid double stints by co-drivers Scott Sharp and David Brabham. Sharp started the race and ran in the top-five for the majority of his two-hour stint. A pit stop and several caution flags dropped Sharp in the field, but he was able to rebound before a scheduled driver change to Brabham. During his stint Brabham wheeled the Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) to third place in class.
Top-10 Qualifying Effort for ESM Patrón at Sebring
- 14 March 2014
No. 1 qualifies fourth; No. 2 qualifies eighth
SEBRING, Fla. – The Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) team continued on its trek to a home track victory at Sebring International Raceway today during qualifying for the 62nd Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh from Florida. As the second race on the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship schedule and second round of the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup (NAEC), ESM seeks its first team win of the season and valuable points in both the series championship as well as the NAEC.
The Stuart, Fla.-based team maximized on-track time and continually made improvements to the Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda Performance Development ARX-03b race cars. A daunting 3.74-mile, 17-turn circuit requires the race cars to be engineered to maximum capacity. The Sebring venue is notoriously brutal on machinery, but ESM has the wherewithal to ensure the race cars withstand the 12-hour event.
ESM Patrón Leveraging Home-Track Advantage at Sebring
- 11 March 2014
STUART, Fla., – Mar. 11, 2014 – The 12 Hours of Sebring is a celebration of endurance racing at one of the most historic sports car venues on the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship calendar: Sebring International Raceway and home track of Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM). The second round of the TUDOR Championship takes place this week with the 62nd Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh from Florida.
Looking for a Sebring win and valuable points in the TUDOR Championship and the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup (NAEC), ESM is determined to hoist the Sebring winner’s trophy late Saturday night. It would be fitting to see Sebring’s home team stand atop the podium, especially since event this marks the second race of the four-race Tequila Patrón-sponsored NAEC. Sebring is approximately a two-hour drive for the Stuart-based team.
Ryan Dalziel Wants Debut with ESM Win at Sebring
- 10 March 2014
Perfect tribute to father-in-law who passed away
Launches merchandise deal to raise cash for Retts Syndrome
The proud Scot — who is originally from Airdrie in Lanarkshire but now lives in Windermere, Florida — wants to turn the iconic Sebring track into a home from home in the Patron Tequila-backed Extreme Speed Motorsports HPD.
Rollercoaster Rolex for ESM Patrón
- 26 January 2014
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The new era of sports car racing began this weekend at the 52nd Annual Rolex 24 At Daytona, the inaugural race of the 2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship and the first round of the four-race Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup (NAEC).
For 24 hours, Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) battled against some of the best racers from around the world. At the end of the endurance race, the team finished seventh and 15th in the highly-competitive prototype class that was comprised of former American Le Mans Series (ALMS) P2s and former GRAND-AM Daytona Prototypes.
ESM Patrón Team Hour 12 of Rolex 24
- 26 January 2014
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla., – At the midpoint of the 52nd Annual Rolex 24 At Daytona, the Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) Honda Performance Development (HPD) ARX-03b race cars proved consistent and strong as Scott Sharp and Simon Pagenaud met the 12-hour mark of the season opening TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
As the clock struck 2:10 a.m., the No. 1 Tequila Patrón machine was running 13th and the No. 2 Tequila Patrón was ninth in class.
Opening Hours of Rolex 24 Unkind to ESM Patrón Team
- 25 January 2014
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla., – In the first quarter of the 52nd Rolex At Daytona, Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) experienced the traditional highs and lows of a twice-around-the-clock race. At the six hour race mark, the No. 1 Tequila Patrón race car was 16th and the No. 2 Tequila Patrón machine was 14th in the prototype class.
All seven drivers completed their first stints in the race cars with mixed results.
Ryan Dalziel continues to support West of Scotland Kart Club
- 13 January 2014
The proud Scot – speed.com’s Sports Car driver of the year for 2012 – is keen to give something back to the karting scene where he started, and has made his West of Scotland Kart Club ambassadorial prize an annual award.
Tommy, 17, will follow the inaugural winner Ciaran Haggerty, who was inspired after his trip to Daytona, to make the jump to Formula Ford single-seater racing with the Scottish Motor Racing Club last year.
DALZIEL SIGNS WITH ESM PATRON FOR 2014 SEASON
- 22 October 2013
Proud Scot Ryan – who now lives in Windermere, Florida – will race alongside American Le Mans Series P2 Runner-up Scott Sharp.
The Florida-based team will have a second Tequila Patrón Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) car, with Johannes van Overbeek and Ed Brown on driving duties.
RYAN DALZIEL STORMS TO INDY WIN AND TAKES LEAD IN ROLEX GRAND-AM SERIES
- 28 July 2013
Endurance racing star Ryan Dalziel proved he was the right man in the right place at the right time as he powered Starworks Motorsports to victory in the Brickyard Grand Prix at Indianapolis on Friday.
Proud Scot Ryan – who lives in Windermere, Florida – led for just 12 laps of the three-hour race, but still scooped a dramatic win by 3.4 seconds from Ganassi Racing rival Scott Pruett.
RYAN DALZIEL HELPS BRING VIPER HOME ON LE MANS RETURN
- 24 June 2013
Determined endurance racer Ryan Dalziel helped get the iconic SRT Viper over the finish line on its return to the famous Le Mans 24-Hour race for the first time since 2000.
Proud Scot Ryan – who lives in Windermere, Florida – joined Dominik Farnbacher and Marc Goossens to take on some of the strongest GT teams in the world.
And they responded with a string of battling shifts to make sure that the Viper made it to the end.
RYAN DALZIEL CLOSES TITLE GAP AFTER PODIUM
- 16 June 2013
Starworks team happy with third place
Ryan Dalziel ready for return to Le Mans
Delighted Ryan Dalziel helped Starworks Motorsport beat the odds and get their Ford Riley on to the podium in the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series in the Diamond Cellar Classic at Mid-Ohio.
Proud Scot Ryan – from Windermere, Florida – and Venezuelan team-mate Alex Popow took a gamble with the race strategy and set-up of the car as they bid to take points off their championship rivals.
RYAN DALZIEL MISSES OUT ON MOTOWN HIT
- 02 June 2013
Starworks forced to settle for third place at Detroit
Ryan Dalziel now focusing on Le Mans test day
Frustrated endurance star Ryan Dalziel was left ruing the victory that got away in a dramatic Chevrolet Grand-Am Detroit 200 at Belle Isle.
Scottish star Ryan and Venezuelan team-mate Alex Popow proved they had a car that could win the race, when Ryan topped the timesheets in practice.
Then Alex produced a battling stint to move the Fort Lauderdale-based Starworks Motorsport #2 Ford Riley from third at the start into the lead.
Alex brought the car in for a pitstop under a full yellow flag caution just after the hour mark.
RYAN DALZIEL AIMING TO BE A DETROIT WINNER
- 31 May 2013
Fired-up endurance star Ryan Dalziel is aiming to build on his hard-fought second place in the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Cars Series at Road Atlanta by finding Victory Lane in the Chevrolet Grand-Am Detroit 200 at Belle Isle .
The proud Scot was in determined mood as he left his home in Windermere, Florida, to fire up Starworks Motorsport’s title charge in Detroit this weekend.
The Fort Lauderdale- based outfit is fully focused on closing the gap at the top of rankings and Ryan and Venezuelan team-mate Alex Popow believe they have the car and the strategy to succeed at Belle Isle.
DALZIEL TAKES HARD-FOUGHT SECOND PLACE AT ROAD ATLANTA
- 21 April 2013
NARROWS THE CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS BATTLE
On-form endurance star Ryan Dalziel mixed a stunning pit strategy with awesome speed to fire Starworks Motorsport right back into the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series title mix.
The proud Scot – who lives in Windermere, Florida – had the Saltire flying high after a mega two-hour stint brought the #2 Ford/Riley home in a sensational second place in the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series Visual Studio Ultimate Grand Prix of Atlanta.
It had been a tough weekend for the Fort Lauderdale-based team as rain hampered their preparations at the Road Atlanta course.
- RYAN DALZIEL TO GET TITLE CHARGE ON RIGHT ROAD AT ATLANTA
- RYAN DALZIEL TO MAKE WORLD CHALLENGE DEBUT FOR TRUSPEED
- RYAN DALZIEL SHOWS FIGHTING QUALITIES IN SEBRING FINISH
- Ryan Dalziel Takes Stunning Second in Texas
- DALZIEL JOINS SRT MOTORSPORTS FOR THE ENDUROS
- RYAN DALZIEL IN TITLE VOW TO EASE ROLEX 24 PAIN
- RIGHT TIME FOR RYAN DALZIEL TO GRAB ANOTHER ROLEX
- WILLIAM LYONS TROPHY AS SMRC HONOURS RYAN DALZIEL
- RYAN DALZIEL TO FLY SCOTTISH KART STAR TO DAYTONA 24
- Ryan Dalziel and Starworks Clinch FIA World Endurance Title
- Unfinished Business For Ryan Dalziel In Japan
- Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining for Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel's Looking For Silver Service
- Ryan Dalziel happy to make a point at Watkins Glen
- Ryan Dalziel Has Double Vision In Living The Indy Dream
- Seconds out as Le Mans winner Ryan Dalziel hits the Road
- Ryan Dalziel lives Le Mans dream but gets back to real world
- Le Mans Winner
- Season Starts Again For Table-Topper Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel Won't Be A Detroit Spinner
- Ryan Dalziel Storms To The Top Of The Charts Despite A Hit
- Ryan Dalziel Aims To Turn Up The Heat After Pain In The Rain
- Ryan Dalziel is Homing in on Championship Points at Homestead
- Life's A Beach for Birthday Boy Ryan Dalziel After ALMS Class Win
- Ryan Dalziel joins CORE for Long Beach
- Ryan Dalziel Cuts Proud Figure at Head of Queue at Barber
- No Short Cuts as Ryan Dalziel Heads for Barber
- Ryan Dalziel is on Top of the World
- Ryan Dalziel Ready to take on the World
- Ryan's Ready For The Biggest Year Of His Career
- Inspired Show From Ryan Dalziel End With Stunning Second At Daytona 24
- Ryan's Keeping Watch Out For A Rolex
- Rocking Ryan Leads United Autosoports to Podium Glory
- Ryan Aims For High In Dubai
- Dalziel Teams Up With United Autosports For Winter GT Races
- Grand-Am Series announcement
- CORE values to the fore as Ryan suffers
- Ryan aims to be man of Atlanta
- Tears and cheers as Ryan wins at Mid-Ohio
- Ryan's ready to rumble at Mid-Ohio
- Double vision's a sore one for Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel Montreal Preview
- Ryan Dalziel grabs Watkins Glen podium
- Watkins Glen Preview
- Dalziel Podiums at Barber Motorsport Park
- Dalziel Podiums in Second at Sebring 12 Hours
- Dalziel Denied Homestead Grand-Am Victory
- Dalziel Targeting Homestead Bounce Back
- Early Set-Back Dashes Dalziels Daytona Hopes
- A Lap Around Daytona, With Ryan Dalziel
- Dalziel Takes Aim at Daytona Double
- Dalziel Unofficially Shatters Daytona DP Track Record
- Dalziel Back to Defend Daytona 24 Crown
- JaguarRSR STATEMENT OF EARLY RETIREMENT IN PETIT LE MANS
- Video: Petit Le Mans Qualfiying Report
- JaguarRSR READY FOR PETIT LE MANS DOUBLE ASSAULT
- Forest And Dalziel Finish Fifth In Final 2010 Race!
- Bad Luck Struck Starworks Drivers In Canada!
- A PROMISING WEEKEND FOR JaguarRSR AT ROAD AMERICA
- LAP AROUND ROAD AMERICA by Ryan Dalziel
- JaguarRSR ON A COMPETITIVE PATH FOR ROAD AMERICA
- STARWORKS MOTORSPORT BACK AT WATKINS GLEN!
- JaguarRSR EARNS FIRST TOP TEN FINISH AND POINTS AT LIME ROCK
- JaguarRSR GEARED UP FOR NEXT CHALLENGE: LIME ROCK PARK
- Another Top Five for Starworks Motorsport!
- JaguarRSR RECOVERS FROM FIRST LAP MISHAP TO TAKE THE CHECKERED IN UTAH
- JaguarRSR BACK ON TRACK IN UTAH
- Will The 100th DP Race Be Synonymous With 1st Win for Starworks?
- Starworks Motorsport Mid-Ohio Race Review
- Objective Redemption For Dalziel & Forest At Mid-Ohio!
- JaguarRSR LE MANS 24 HOURS UPDATE
- JaguarRSR XKR GT2 SECURES GRID POSITION FOR THE 78TH RUNNING OF THE LE MANS 24 HOURS
- JaguarRSR's FIRST TAKE FROM LE MANS
- Video; Lime Rock Park Race Report
- Ryan Dalziel Set for Le Mans Big Cat Experience
- JaguarRSR confirms driver line-up for Le Mans 24 Hours
- JaguarRSR XKR GT GOES THE DISTANCE AT MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA
- INCREASED TIMES FOR JaguarRSR AT MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA; TEAM QUALIFIES 11TH
- LAP AROUND MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA by Ryan Dalziel
- JaguarRSR ON THE PROWL FOR ENDURANCE FIGHT AT MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA
- JaguarRSR TAKES FIRST CHECKERED FLAG; FINISHES 11TH IN CLASS AT LONG BEACH
- JaguarRSR CONTINUES TO MOVE FORWARD WITH XKR GT IN LONG BEACH
- Video: Porsche 250 Race Report
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WTH RYAN DALZIEL BEFORE BARBER
- JaguarRSR TAKES GREEN FLAG IN SEBRING, COOLING ISSUE ENDS RACE EARLY
- JaguarRSR OVERCOMING OBSTACLES FOR A SUCCESSFUL QUALIFYING RUN IN SEBRING
- Sebring Qualifying Report Video
- JaguarRSR'S Cat Ready to Attack in Sebring ALMS Opener
- Ryan Dalziel Joins The Driver Line Up At JaguarRSR For 2010 ALMS Season
- Scotlands Ryan Dalziel Wins Rolex 24 at Daytona
- Rolex 24 Videos
- Dalziel and Starworks Launch race4haiti.com
- Ryan Dalziel 2010 Preview Q&A
- Dalziel Set for Grand-Am Season Finale
- Dalziel Scores Daytona Podium on Grand-Am Return
- Dalziel Back To Daytona Prototypes with Orbit Racing
- Motorsport Technology Group Signs Dalziel
- Dalziel Returns to Grand-Am to Defend Laguna Seca Victory
- Alegra Motorsports' StrategicAir Riley BMW Shows Its Muscle at Rolex 24
- Rolex 24 Qualifying Has Its Ups and Downs