Rolex 24 Deals Double Retirement for Tequila Patrón ESM
- 28 January 2018
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - In the early hours of Sunday morning, after over twelve hours of racing, Tequila Patrón ESM officially retired both Nissan Onroak DPi cars from the Rolex 24 at Daytona. Both cars showed impressive speeds and proved to be competitive in the tight prototype class in the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. In the end, the cars were unable to make it through the full 24 hours of racing.
Determined for Repeat Win, Tequila Patrón ESM Returns to Daytona International Speedway
- 23 January 2018
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- This week, Tequila Patrón ESM will return to Daytona International Speedway in hopes of again clinching the overall victory at the Rolex 24 at Daytona. The 2016 Rolex race winners bring with them strong momentum, as they ready to officially begin the 2018 IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship. In addition to closing out the 2017 season with the victory at Petit Le Mans, the team also clinched the victory two races earlier at Road America.
Tequila Patrón ESM 2018 Endurance Lineup Complete
- 07 November 2017
RIVIERA BEACH, Fla., - Riding on the momentum a dominating Petit Le Mans victory at the conclusion of the 2017 race season, Tequila Patrón ESM has promptly secured Nicolas Lapierre and Olivier Pla as their additional drivers in the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup (NAEC), the four-endurance championship within the full season IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
Tequila Patrón ESM Dominates to Win Petit Le Mans
- 08 October 2017
BRASELTON, Ga., - The IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship held its 2017 finale event Saturday at Road Atlanta, and Tequila Patrón ESM dominated the ten hour endurance event to take the win with the No. 2 Nissan Onroak DPi of Scott Sharp, Ryan Dalziel, and Brendon Hartley. The race winning car led 140 of 402 laps, and combined with the 152 laps led by the No. 22 Nissan Onroak DPi of Johannes van Overbeek, Pipo Derani, and Bruno Senna, Tequila Patrón ESM led 73 percent of the 20th Motul Petit Le Mans.
Tequila Patrón ESM Returns to Road Atlanta with Strong Driver Lineup
- 04 October 2017
BRASELTON, Ga., - The 2017 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship comes to an end this weekend at Road Atlanta for the 20th anniversary of Motul Petit Le Mans. Tequila Patrón ESM returns to the endurance event with an all-star lineup, adding Brendon Hartley and Bruno Senna joining the full time lineups of Scott Sharp and Bryan Dalziel, and Johannes van Overbeek and Pipo Derani, respectively.
Ryan Dalziel Begins New Business Venture to Benefit Driver Coaches
- 03 October 2017
ORLANDO, Fla., - The 2017 race season has been a busy one for sports car driver Ryan Dalziel. While racing in both the Pirelli World Challenge and IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship, the Scotsman has also been building the framework for his newly launched business: Race CarCoaches.
Like many professional drivers, Dalziel spends the majority of his off season and spare time throughout the race season as a coach for hire at amateur race events or club days hosted at tracks around North America. With Dalziel's busy race schedule, it was not uncommon for him to turn down a coaching opportunity and recommend an alternative coach to his client instead. When an old client reached out looking for someone local, Dalziel found it difficult to pull from his limited network of coaches, and RaceCarCoaches.com was born.
California Heat Hinders Tequila Patrón ESM in Monterey
- 26 September 2017
MONTEREY, Cal., - The America's 250 proved to be a challenging race event for Tequila Patrón ESM at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Despite showing strong improvement and quick speeds during the three practice sessions, the pair of Nissan OnRoak DPis struggled in qualifying and the race, earning a sixth and an eighth place finish.
During the three practice sessions, the drivers and engineers of the No. 2 and No. 22 Nissan Onroak DPis pursued the optimal balance for the cars, getting closer to the ideal settings with each session. In qualifying, warmer temperatures changed the overall balance of the cars and tires, resulting in Scott Sharp and Johannes van Overbeek qualifying in sixth and seventh respectively.
Tequila Patrón ESM Aims to Defend Win at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- 20 September 2017
MONTEREY, Cal., - After a six week break since a monumental win at Road America, Tequila Patrón ESM will resume competition in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship this weekend at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
In August, the team earned its first win of the season, as well as its first win for the Nissan Onroak DPi program with drivers Johannes van Overbeek and Pipo Derani, as well as a third place finish with Scott Sharp and Ryan Dalziel. The win showed strong improvement of the developmental program, which began in early January when the two brand new Nissan Onroak DPis were delivered.
Tequila Patrón ESM Retains Ryan Dalziel for 2018 Championship
- 18 September 2017
RIVIERA BEACH, Fla., - In anticipation of the campaign for the 2018 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, Tequila Patrón ESM has signed Ryan Dalziel as one of two full season pilots of the No. 2 Nissan Onroak DPi. Extreme Speed Motorsports Team Owner Scott Sharp will complete the driver lineup.
"Tequila Patrón ESM is beyond excited to welcome Ryan back in 2018 for his 5th year with the team," said Sharp. "We picked Ryan because we felt we was one of the fastest guys out there, and that hasn't changed. He's a great teammate, super hungry to win, and seldom makes mistakes. He's the complete package! As we continue to fine tune our Nissan Onroak DPi, our combination should be very exciting!"
Tequila Patrón ESM Earns Breakthrough DPi Win at Road America
- 07 August 2017
ELKHART LAKE, Wis., (August 6, 2017) -- Tequila Patrón ESM celebrated a breakthrough performance Sunday afternoon at Road America, earning the first Nissan DPi win of the 2017 season, while also netting a third place finish. The No. 22 Nissan Onroak DPi clinched the win, the team's seventh under the IMSA sanctioning body. The No. 2 Nissan Onroak DPi produced a well fought third place finish at the IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship's Road Race Showcase.
In recent weeks, the focus of the new development program focused on reliability, already showing competitive speeds all season long. In the Road Race Showcase race weekend, Road America weather threw its own curve balls, offering varying conditions for every session leading up to the race. The lack of continuity in conditions minimized the team's ability to do extended testing with the same set up, but the engineers and crew at Tequila Patrón ESM worked diligently to produce a strong package for both Nissan Onroak DPis.
Tequila Patrón ESM Prepares for Road Race Showcase
- 04 August 2017
ELKHART LAKE, Wis., -- Four weeks after a podium finish at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, Tequila Patrón ESM will return to the track for the next stop in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. The Continental Tire Road Race Showcase at Road America will offer the pair of Tequila Patrón ESM's Nissan Onroak DPis the opportunity to again produce two strong finishes for the developmental program.
While both cars ran competitively at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, gremlins hampered a strong podium run for Johannes van Overbeek and Pipo Derani in the No. 22 Nissan Onroak DPi, but the No. 2 with Scott Sharp and Ryan Dalziel continued on to earn a third place finish.
Tequila Patrón ESM Scores Podium Finish in Canada
- 10 July 2017
BOWMANVILLE, Ont., Sunday afternoon at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Ryan Dalziel and Scott Sharp earned their second podium finish in the 2017 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Challenge season. The No. 2 Tequila Patrón ESM Nissan Onroak DPi started third and finished third in the two hour, forty minute Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix.
The team’s pair of Nissan Onroak DPis qualified well to start third and fourth. Scott Sharp and Ryan Dalziel led the team charge, with Johannes van Overbeek and Pipo Derani one position behind in the No. 22 Nissan Onroak DPi. Sharp kept position while van Overbeek slipped to fifth. Both cars slowed consistent pace, maintaining position as the field spread out and the prototypes began to lap the GT cars.
Tequila Patrón ESM Seeks Redemption in Canada
- 06 July 2017
BOWMANVILLE, Ont., — After a disappointing end to a strong weekend at the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen, Tequila Patrón ESM will be offered a chance at redemption this weekend at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. Just days after both cars retired early from the six hour endurance event, the team has arrived at the next stop on the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship calendar.
The development of the new Nissan Onroak DPi program showed impressive improvements at Watkins Glen, as the team earned their first pole position of the year and followed up the qualifying performance with both cars leading several stints during the event. The newfound speed and performance in the pair of cars will carry over to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, where the team earned a podium finish in 2013 with Scott Sharp and Guy Cosmo.
Podium Hopes End in Heartbreak for Tequila Patrón ESM
- 02 July 2017
WATKINS GLEN, NY., -- The Sahlen's Six Hours of the Glen started out promising this weekend for the Tequila Patrón ESM squad, but attrition took both Nissan Onroak DPis out of the endurance race before the checker flag.
Both cars arrived at Watkins Glen International and immediately showed strong speeds. Brazilian Pipo Derani qualified on pole position in the No. 2, earning the team's second pole at the Glen in two years. Last year's pole sitter Johannes van Overbeek set a position to start fifth. Derani led the field to green and pulled away from Olivier Pla and the rest of the field to create a two second gap in the first ten minutes. Van Overbeek and the No. 22 lost a position on the start to run sixth, but stayed close to the No. 85 car and made a daring pass on the outside to take the position back in the first ten minutes. On lap 14, Pla took the lead and Derani stayed close, biding his time with five and a half hours left in the race. Strong pit strategy by the team during the first round of stops brought Derani back to the lead, and kept van Overbeek in fifth position. Derani pulled away from the field to hold a 17 second lead over Christian Fittipaldi at the one hour mark. In the No. 22, van Overbeek gained ground with every lap, running in fourth and quickly reeling in third. He pitted in 75 minutes running, and passed the wheel on to his only co-driver of the weekend, Bruno Senna. Derani pitted the No. 2 from the lead and gave the car to Scott Sharp, who rejoined with an 11 second lead.
Tequila Patrón ESM Clinches Pole at Watkins Glen
- 01 July 2017
WATKINS GLEN, NY., -- Saturday afternoon at Watkins Glen International Raceway, Pipo Derani dominated the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship qualifying session to pole position for Sunday's Sahlen's Six Hours of the Glen. The Brazilian piloted the No. 2 Nissan Onroak DPi to the top of the timing charts to earn Nissan's first DPi pole. Last year's pole sitter, Johannes van Overbeek qualified the No. 22 Nissan Onroak DPi in fifth position.
Derani initially held provisional pole early in the session, but Olivier Pla showed competitive speeds, taking the position back. Derani pushed on, reclaiming the position. With one lap left, Derani again set a fast time, setting the fastest lap with a time of 1:34.405. In the No. 22, Johannes van Overbeek also showed the Nissan's competitive lap times, setting a fast time to sit in third position. As the car began to settle in to set a qualifying lap, the team noticed issues with the boost, forcing van Overbeek to make a quick pit stop. He rejoined the field, securing a fifth place starting position for Sunday's race.
Detroit Proves Challenging for Tequila Patrón ESM
- 05 June 2017
DETROIT, MI., — The streets of Detroit paid Tequila Patrón ESM no favors this weekend for round five of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. The bumpy 2.3 mile, 14 turn street circuit challenged the team all weekend, resulting in a best finish of seventh place for the team at the Chevrolet SportsCar Grand Prix.
With two long practices, the team worked hard to master the street circuit, looking for a set up to best handle the rough course over the duration of the 100-minutes race. The duo of Nissan Onroak DPi cars looked strong in Prototype qualifying until a crash from the pole sitter canceled the reminder of the session. The field started by points, putting Scott Sharp and the No. 2 Nissan Onroak DPi to start fourth, and Ed Brown in the No. 22 to start sixth.
Tequila Patrón ESM Returns to the Motor City
- 02 June 2017
DETROIT, Mi., — This weekend, Tequila Patrón ESM returns to Detroit, Michigan for the next round in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, the Chevrolet Sports Car Classic. Tequila Patrón ESM last raced on the temporary street circuit in 2014, where the team earned a fifth place finish. This year, they will return with its pair of Nissan Onroak DPis, driven by Scott Sharp, Ryan Dalziel, Ed Brown, and Johannes van Overbeek.
As the season has progressed, Tequila Patrón ESM has begun to show a quickening momentum to their new DPi program. Both cars showed strong reliability and increased speed last month at the Long Beach Grand Prix, and other street course on the IMSA calendar. The driving duo of Scott Sharp and Ryan Dalziel earned the team’s first podium finish of the season, finishing the race in second place. Earlier this month, the Nissan DPis put forth another strong effort, narrowly missing a podium finish when the No. 2 car caught fire and retired early at Circuit of the Americas. Despite contact from a lapped car, the No. 22 ran a clean race to earn a top-five finish, showing the continued progress of the program.
Austin Ends in Disappointment for Tequila Patrón ESM
- 16 May 2017
AUSTIN, Tex., (May 6, 2017) – After showing encouraging progress over the course of the week at Circuit of the Americas, the Advance Auto Parts Sportscar Showdown ended in disappointment for Tequila Patrón ESM and their pair of Nissan Onroak DPis. The No. 22’s chance at a podium finish ended when contact from a lapped car forced the team to pit off strategy, and a late race fire ended the No. 2’s race with less than ten minutes to go.
Johannes van Overbeek qualified the No. 22 in second place, locking in a strong starting position for Round 4 of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. Scott Sharp and the No. 2 Nissan Onroak DPi started four places behind in third. While the leaders quickly pulled away from the field, the Tequila Patrón ESM cars held strong to their positions. Thirty minutes in, van Overbeek had contact with a lapped car, sending him to the pits for a quick check and repair. He rejoined in eighth, but quickly took over seventh position, with Sharp just ahead in sixth. At the one hour mark, the race went full course caution, showing Sharp running in the top five. Ed Brown took over under caution for the No. 22, and proceeded to complete his required minimum drive time of ten minutes. He proceeded to give the wheel back to van Overbeek who rejoined in seventh.
Tequila Patrón Celebrates Cinco de Mayo with Strong Qualifying Effort in Austin
- 06 May 2017
AUSTIN, Tex., (May 5, 2017) – Today at Circuit of the Americas, the No. 22 Tequila Patrón ESM Nissan Onroak DPi gave its strongest qualifying performance of the season, with drivers Ed Brown and Johannes van Overbeek. With a fast lap time of 1:56.401, van Overbeek qualified the car to start in second position in Saturday’s Advance Auto Parts Sportscar Showdown.
Coincidently enough, the qualifying session landed on the same day as Cinco de Mayo, a day dear to the team as well as President and CEO of Patrón Spirits, Ed Brown. The team arrived at Circuit of the Americas chasing the setup of the Nissan Onroak DPi cars, but utilized the three practice sessions to find more speed. While still 1.6 seconds off of pole position, the No. 22 Nissan Onroak DPi’s fastest qualifying lap was enough to land in second in the highly competitive field. The sister car of Scott Sharp ran a predictive lap to take third, but lost the lap after being held up by traffic. The No. 2 Nissan Onroak DPi will start sixth.
Tequila Patrón ESM Looks to Continue Success in Austin
- 05 May 2017
AUSTIN, TX. — Riding the momentum of a strong second place finish on the streets of Long Beach, California, Tequila Patrón ESM journeyed to Austin, Texas to test their Nissan Onroack DPis at Circuit of the Americas (COTA) to prepare for the next round in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. This weekend, COTA will be host to the Advance Auto Parts Sportscar Showdown, the fourth race in the 2017 IMSA Championship.
The team tested for two days at the 3.4 mile course, determined to improve on the continued progress the new Nissian Onroak DPi program. Offering both high and low speed corners, two long straights, and an elevation change of 133 feet, the track can be challenging to find the right set up for. With the test complete, the team found a solid baseline for the No. 2 and No. 22 car setups heading into the sprint weekend.
- NISMO ESM SET SIGHTS ON LONG BEACH AFTER TOUGH BATTLE AT SEBRING
- Tequila Patrón ESM Retires Early at Twelve Hours of Sebring
- Tequila Patrón ESM Returns to Sebring to Defend Twelve Hour Win
- Tequila Patrón Debuts DPi Program with Top Five Finish at Rolex 24
- Successful Nissan Onroak DPi Test for Tequila Patrón ESM at the Roar
- Tequila Patrón ESM Returns to IMSA with Familiar Lineup
- Tequila Patrón ESM Closes out WEC Campaign at the Six Hours of Bahrain
- Tequila Patrón ESM Makes Preparations to End WEC Season on High Note at Bahrain
- Tequila Patrón ESM Produces Top Five Finish in China
- Tequila Patrón ESM Returns to Asia for Six Hours of Shanghai
- VISIT FLORIDA Racing Shows Perseverance in Petit Le Mans
- VISIT FLORIDA Racing Set to End DP Era at Road Atlanta
- VISIT FLORIDA Racing Closes Out DP Era with Petit Le Mans
- VISIT FLORIDA Racing Perseveres to the Finish in Texas
- Tequila Patrón ESM Qualifies in Austin
- Dalziel Double: VISIT FLORIDA Racing driver Ryan Dalziel Raising Rett Syndrome Awareness in his Double-Race Day Saturday
- VISIT FLORIDA Racing Focused Forward in Texas
- ESM Earns Tequila Patrón Worthy Podium at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
- ESM Brings Tequila Delivery to Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
- VISIT FLORIDA Racing Finishes Sixth at Road America
- VISIT FLORIDA Racing Targets More Speed at Road America
- Visit Florida Racing Returns to Road America
- Tequila Patrón ESM Returns to the Podium at Nürburgring
- Tequila Patrón ESM Returns to WEC Ready for Nürburgring
- Visit Florida Racing Fourth at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- Visit Florida Racing Set for Mobil 1 Sports Car Grand Prix
- Visit Florida Racing Heads North to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- Promising Run for Visit Florida Racing Comes Up Short in Sahlen’s 6 Hours of the Glen
- Visit Florida Racing Scores Seventh on Watkins Glen Grid
- Defending Winners Visit Florida Racing Look to go 3-for-3 at The Glen
- Tequila Patrón ESM Endures to Finish 24 Hours of Le Mans
- 24 Hours of Le Mans Qualifying Quotes
- 24 Hours of Le Mans Preview: Tequila Patrón ESM
- Disappointment in Detroit for Visit Florida Racing
- Visit Florida Racing Chevy on Belle Isle Front Row
- Visit Florida Racing Heads to Chevy’s Hometown of Detroit
- Tequila Patrón Announces Paul Mitchell as Primary Sponsor for 24 Hours of Le Mans
- Tequila Patrón ESM Celebrates Podium after Chaotic Spa-Francorchamps
- Teamwork Sees Visit Florida Racing Score Second in Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix
- Visit Florida Racing Set for Seventh on Continental Tire Grand Prix Grid
- Defending Race Winner Visit Florida Racing Returns to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- 6 Hours of Silverstone Podium Finish for Patrón ESM
- Debrief: 6 Hours of Silverstone Podium Finish for Patrón ESM
- Tequila Patrón ESM Sets Out for 2016 FIA World Endurance Championship
- Fighting Fifth in Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring for Visit Florida Racing
- Visit Florida Racing Sixth on Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Grid
- Visit Florida Racing Heads South to Sebring International Raceway
- Visit Florida Racing Takes Home Podium Finish in Rolex 24 At Daytona
- Visit Florida Racing Ready for Rolex 24 At Daytona
- Good Weekend of Testing in Daytona for Visit Florida Racing
- VISIT FLORIDA RACING'S *MEET THE TEAM*
- Podium Aspirations for Tequila Patrón ESM in Bahrain
- Tequila Patrón ESM Charges into China with Confidence
- Fourth Place Finish for Tequila Patrón ESM at Fuji
- Tequila Patrón ESM’s Global Season Continues in Japan
- Tequila Patrón ESM Earns Best Finish of FIA WEC Season at COTA
- 2016 FIA WEC Schedule Includes Stop in Mexico City
- Tequila Patrón ESM Qualifies Third at COTA
- American Homecoming for Tequila Patrón ESM at COTA
- EFFORT Racing Wins Team Championship at Season Finale
- Tequila Patrón ESM Gains Experience in Germany
- Tequila Patrón ESM Qualifies in Germany
- Ryan Dalziel Keeps Points Lead Following Miller Motorsports Park
- EFFORT Racing Celebrates Complete Sweep at Mid-Ohio
- Dalziel Sweeps GT Weekend at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Heitkotter, Thompson Win in GTA and GT Cup
- Dalziel and Montecalvo Win GT, GTA Round 14 at Mid-Ohio. Udell Wins GT Cup Round 12
- Motorsport.com and Tequila Patrón ESM to Debut “Vitesse Extreme – Le Mans” on Motorsport.com
- EFFORT Racing Bounces Back for Double Podium
- Tequila Patrón ESM Completes Le Mans Qualifying
- Two Top-10 Finishes for Tequila Patrón ESM in Le Mans Debut
- Tequila Patrón ESM Logs First Competitive Laps at Le Mans
- Tequila Patrón ESM Ready to Rock at Le Mans
- Tequila Patrón ESM Shows Speed and Potential at Spa as the Team Prepares for Le Mans
- Tequila Patrón ESM Qualifies for Spa
- Rainy Opening Practice for Tequila Patrón ESM and Ligier at Spa
- Tequila Patrón ESM Set to Battle in Belgium with Ligier
- Tequila Patrón ESM Tests Ligier Prototypes
- EFFORT Racing Earns Eighth Season Podium at Barber Motorsports Park
- Championship-Caliber Run for Tequila Patrón ESM at 6 Hours of Silverstone
- Tequila Patrón ESM Qualifies for 6 Hours of Silverstone
- Tequila Patrón ESM Set for 6 Hours of Silverstone Debut
- EFFORT Racing Continues Success at St. Petersburg
- Early Exit for Tequila Patrón ESM at Sebring
- Front-row start for Tequila Patrón ESM at Sebring
- Tequila Patrón ESM Determined to Achieve Victory at Sebring
- Tequila Patrón ESM Enters 12 Hours of Sebring with Honda ARX-03b Prototypes
- Quadruple Podium Weekend for EFFORT Racing at Circuit of the Americas
- Rolling Stone and Patrón Tequila Partner at 24 Hours of Le Mans
- Tequila Patrón ESM Confirmed Entrants in 2015 FIA WEC Season and 24 Hours of Le Mans
- EFFORT Racing confirms Dalziel's return to Pirelli World Challenge
- Early Exit for Tequila Patrón ESM at Rolex 24
- Tequila Patrón ESM: No. 2 qualifies 12th; No. 1 to return to track on Friday
- Tequila Patrón ESM's 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home and the Rolex 24
- Dalziel to Race Spa 24hr with DragonSpeed
- Tequila Patrón ESM Runs First Laps in Honda Coupe
- Runner-up Finish for ESM Patrón at Shanghai
- ESM Patrón Qualifies Fifth and Sixth at Shanghai
- ESM Patrón Set for Overseas FIA WEC Debut
- ESM Patrón Finishes Third in Debut FIA WEC Race
- ESM and Tequila Patrón Entering FIA WEC Shanghai; Forgoing Petit Le Mans