Dalziel Double: VISIT FLORIDA Racing driver Ryan Dalziel Raising Rett Syndrome Awareness in his Double-Race Day Saturday
- 14 September 2016
A lot of people have busy Saturdays, but none have plans like Ryan Dalziel, who will race sports cars in two endurances races this Saturday at the Circuit of the Americas with VISIT FLORIDA Racing and Tequila Patron ESM for “Ryan’s Rett Razzle Dazzle Double Weekend…”
Enter the #DalzielDouble raffle here:https://rafflecreator.com/pages/7192/ryan’s-rett-razzle-dazzle-double-weekend
VISIT FLORIDA Racing Focused Forward in Texas
- 14 September 2016
DRIVING AT CIRCUIT OF THE AMERICAS: Ryan Dalziel and Marc Goossens will co-drive the No. 90 VISIT FLORIDA Racing Corvette Daytona Prototype.
CIRCUIT OF THE AMERICAS: An F1 grade facility that features 20 corners along a 3.4-mile road course, Circuit of the Americas marks the penultimate round of the 2016 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. The event is held in conjunction with the World Endurance Championship’s Six Hours of COTA.
2016 CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS –VISIT FLORIDA RACING: 4th with 223 points after 8 of 10 rounds complete.
ESM Earns Tequila Patrón Worthy Podium at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
- 06 September 2016
MEXICO CITY, Mex. – With over 700 Patrón Spirits employees in attendance on race day for the FIA World Endurance Championship 6 Hours of Mexico, Tequila Patrón ESM celebrated a third place finish today at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez. Starting in 10th position, the No. 31 finished overcame much adversity to finish third in Mexico City, earning its fourth podium in five races.
After a difficult qualifying session, the No. 30 and No. 31 starting 10th and 11th in the LMP2 field. With no pressure from behind, the Pipo Derani was able to gain two positions in the opening lap, and Johannes van Overbeek climbed up one position. In his opening stint, Derani fell victim to the first of many accidental attacks on the black and green Ligiers. Despite being forced off track, Derani was able to continue with no positions lost. Using traffic to his advantage, Derani advanced to fifth position before pitting the No. 31 for fuel, tires and a driver change to Chris Cumming. Enjoying a relatively uneventful stint, the No. 30 followed suit in 10th, trading out van Overbeek for Ed Brown.
ESM Brings Tequila Delivery to Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
- 02 September 2016
After a brief summer break, the FIA World Endurance Championship resumes this weekend in Mexico City for the fifth round of the eight round championship, the inaugural 6 Hours of Mexico. As the series begins its North American stretch of the season, the event marks a special one for LMP2 team Tequila Patrón ESM, as every bottle of Tequila Patrón is proudly produced in Jalisco, Mexico. The Patrón Spirits Company will have strong representation at the event, bringing over 600 employees to the race track to support the two car effort.
Located in the southeast area of the city, the 2.674 mile track has a rich history, hosting Formula 1, Championship Auto Racing Teams (CART), NASCAR XFINITY Series, as well as the GRAND-AM Road Racing Series. This weekend will be the first time the World Endurance Championship has competed at the 17-turn track, leaving the entire field of competitors with much to learn in the opening sessions.
VISIT FLORIDA Racing Finishes Sixth at Road America
- 07 August 2016
Elkhart Lake, Wis. (7 August 2016) – VISIT FLORIDA Racing persevered through a frustrating weekend at Road America to bring the No. 90 VISIT FLORIDA Racing Corvette DP shared by Marc Goossens and Ryan Dalziel to a sixth place finish in the Continental Tire Road Race Showcase on Sunday.
The Daytona Beach, Florida-based team worked throughout the weekend to find the speed needed at the 4-mile legendary road course in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. The group made several changes to the car on Saturday ahead of qualifying and Goossens put it sixth on the grid.
VISIT FLORIDA Racing Targets More Speed at Road America
- 06 August 2016
Elkhart Lake, Wis. – The VISIT FLORIDA Racing No. 90 Corvette Daytona Prototype will start Sunday’s Continental Tire Road Race Showcase from the third row of the grid after Marc Goossens qualified sixth in an abbreviated session on Saturday.
The 15-minute qualifying session was cut short due to a red flag period, which ultimately saw the No. 90 car miss out on what would have been the team’s fast lap. Goossens was still able to post a quick time of 1.56.992-seconds during the abbreviated session.
Visit Florida Racing Returns to Road America
- 02 August 2016
DRIVING AT ROAD AMERICA: Ryan Dalziel and Marc Goossens will drive the No. 90 Visit Florida Racing Corvette Daytona Prototype.
ROAD AMERICA: Round 8 of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship held at one of the most historic road courses on the 2016 calendar. At 4 miles in length, it’s the longest track that IMSA visits.
2016 CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS – VISIT FLORIDA RACING: 4th with 197 points after 7 of 10 rounds complete.
TEAM HISTORY AT ROAD AMERICA: Visit Florida Racing has made five starts at Road America since 2011. The best finish by the team was in 2014 when Richard Westbrook and Michael Valiante took a fourth place result. Last year, that same driver pairing finished fifth in the Visit Florida Racing Corvette DP.
Tequila Patrón ESM Returns to the Podium at Nürburgring
- 25 July 2016
Tequila Patrón ESM celebrated National Tequila Day in great fashion on Sunday, earning a third place finish at the FIA World Endurance Championship’s 6 Hours of Nürburgring. The No. 31 Ligier P2 of Ryan Dalziel, Luís Felipe “Pipo” Derani finished in third place, earning its third podium in the four completed races of the 2015 race season.
In an effort to prepare and gather information for the 2017 race season, Tequila Patrón ESM switched tire manufacturers to run Michelin, the most successful tire manufacturer in sports car racing. No small move, the two car team worked diligently all weekend to dial in the set up as quickly as possible without any previous tire testing. Focusing on set up instead of outright speed, the No. 30 and No. 31 Ligiers tested numerous variables in the practice and qualifying sessions leading up to the race.
Tequila Patrón ESM Returns to WEC Ready for Nürburgring
- 20 July 2016
It has been almost a month since the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and the drivers and crew of Tequila Patrón ESM are eager to return to the World Endurance Championship for the Six Hours of Nürburgring. Following four podium finishes in the first four races of the FIA WEC and IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship calendars, mechanical difficulties have hampered the two most recent races, the 24 Hours of Le Mans and the Six Hours of the Glen. Hungry to be back at the front of the field, the Florida based team should be a strong contender with its pair of Nissan Ligier JS P2 cars.
In 2015, both cars struggled to find overall pace in the first half of the race, only getting up to speed in the final half. Throughout 2016, the continuing development of the team from last season has proved to be immense, starting the WEC season off with two first place finishes. The 3.199, 16-turn Germany facility should prove favorable this weekend to the Ligier, a car that shows its strengths on fast and flowing tracks.
Visit Florida Racing Fourth at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- 11 July 2016
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada (10 July 2016) – Visit Florida Racing came up just short of a podium finish in the Mobil 1 Sportscar Grand Prix at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park on Sunday when the team and its drivers Marc Goossens and Ryan Dalziel combined for a fourth place finish.
After leading mid-way through the race, a gamble on strategy didn’t pay off for the No. 90 Visit Florida Racing Corvette Daytona Prototype as the squad targeted victory at the Canadian road course.
Visit Florida Racing Set for Mobil 1 Sports Car Grand Prix
- 09 July 2016
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada (9 July 2016) – Looking to make a return to the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park podium, Visit Florida Racing is aiming to move forward in Sunday's Mobil 1 Sports Car Grand Prix as the IMSA WeatherTech Championship stages Round 7 of the 2016 season.
At the sweeping 10-turn, 2.459-mile circuit outside of Toronto, Marc Goossens drove the No. 90 Visit Florida Racing Corvette DP that he shares with Ryan Dalziel to a sixth place starting position on the grid with a fast time of 1:11.296-seconds.
Visit Florida Racing Heads North to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- 06 July 2016
DRIVING AT CTMP: Ryan Dalziel and Marc Goossens will drive the No. 90 Visit Florida Racing Corvette Daytona Prototype.
CANADIAN TIRE MOTORSPORT PARK: Round 7 of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship held at the quick 2.459-mile permanent road course in Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada.
Promising Run for Visit Florida Racing Comes Up Short in Sahlen’s 6 Hours of the Glen
- 03 July 2016
Watkins Glen, N.Y. - Looking to make it three victories in a row at Watkins Glen International, Visit Florida Racing came up short of that goal on Sunday as a promising outing didn’t deliver the desired result for the Florida-based squad in the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen.
Drivers Ryan Dalziel and Marc Goossens combined for a run to sixth place after six hours of hard-fought IMSA WeatherTech Championship racing as the duo shared the No. 90 Visit Florida Racing Corvette DP.
Visit Florida Racing Scores Seventh on Watkins Glen Grid
- 02 July 2016
Watkins Glen, New York – Visit Florida Racing will start Sunday’s Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen from seventh on the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship grid after Ryan Dalziel posted a fast lap time of 1:36.473-seconds in qualifying on Saturday. The team is pursuing a third consecutive victory in the 6 Hour classic.
Dalziel will share the driving duties with his IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar teammate Marc Goossens, who won the 2015 edition of the Six Hour in GTD class competition. After the duo set a best time of 1:38.125-seconds in Friday’s first practice session, the team improved for a best time of 1:37.873-seconds in the second practice, and then going even better in practice on Saturday with a quick time of 1:36.461-seconds.
Defending Winners Visit Florida Racing Look to go 3-for-3 at The Glen
- 28 June 2016
DRIVING AT THE GLEN: Ryan Dalziel and Marc Goossens will drive the No. 90 Visit Florida Racing Corvette Daytona Prototype. Visit Florida Racing is just one of three prototype teams utilizing a two-driver line-up.
SAHLEN’S 6 HOURS OF THE GLEN: Round 6 of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship held at Watkins Glen International, a 3.4-mile permanent road course with 11 turns.
2016 CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS – VISIT FLORIDA RACING: 4th with 142 points after 5 of 10 rounds now complete.
Tequila Patrón ESM Endures to Finish 24 Hours of Le Mans
- 19 June 2016
LE MANS, Fra., — This week, in Le Mans France, Tequila Patrón ESM showed a monumental effort at the 84th annual 24 Hours of Le Mans. The two-car LMP2 team performed well all week long in every session, promising to again be a podium contender in the third FIA World Endurance Championship race of the season, also the longest on the 2016 calendar. As the world’s oldest active sports car endurance race, the 24 Hours of Le Mans has always been a force to be reckoned with, unpredictable in who survives the adversity to come out on top. For Tequila Patrón ESM, the team endured hardship not to finish on the podium but to still complete the grueling 24 hours in 11th and 16th positions.
The opening practice as well as the first qualifying session were only under dry conditions, allowing the six drivers the opportunity to become more confident on track. Torrential downpour hampered the last two remaining qualifying sessions, restricting the chances of the Tequila Patrón cars to better their starting positions. The No. 31 of Ryan Dalziel, Pipo Derani and Chris Cumming qualified in sixth position, and the sister No. 30 car of Scott Sharp, Ed Brown and Johannes van Overbeek 16th. Unfortunately, Ed Brown’s qualifying stint was during one of the monsoons, not allowing him to get close enough to the required 110% within the pole position. Per FIA WEC rules, the No. 30 car was sent to the back of the field to start in 21st position.
24 Hours of Le Mans Qualifying Quotes
- 16 June 2016
The No. 31 Tequila Patrón ESM Ligier JS P2 will start P6 in class, P15 overall // Best lap time 3:39.366
Ryan Dalziel // No. 31 Tequila Patrón ESM Ligier JS P2
We had a good first day. Obviously the weather was better on Wednesday than we expected. We’re a little bit off the Orecas, which we expected to be. We’re also a little faster than we expected to be. I think we have a pretty good race car. As always, it seems like tire management will be the important thing. It’s a shame we didn’t get to get any good laps on Thursday to verify some changes. Hopefully the first part of the race can be dry and we’ll see what we get at the end of the race.
24 Hours of Le Mans Preview: Tequila Patrón ESM
- 13 June 2016
LE MANS, Fra., ---Race week has arrived in Le Mans, France for the 84th running of the world’s oldest active sports car endurance race, the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Riding the momentum of a highly successful season to date, Tequila Patrón ESM returns for their second consecutive year, entering two cars in the 60 car field. The black and white Tequila Patrón ESM Ligier JS P2 Nissans will compete in the P2 class, currently the largest field of this year’s running, with 23 cars listed.
The driver lineups for the Tequila Patrón ESM cars will remain the same, with Scott Sharp, Ed Brown and Johannes van Overbeek sharing the duties in the No. 30 car, and Ryan Dalziel, Chris Cumming and Luis Felipe “Pipo” Derani in the No. 31. Van Overbeek leads the charge for the best Le Mans finish of the No. 30 drivers after his third place finish in the GT class in 2005. This year will mark Sharp’s third Le Mans, and second for Brown, President and CEO of the Patrón Spirits Company. Ryan Dalziel is the only Tequila Patrón ESM driver to grace the top step of the Le Mans podium, winning the LMP2 class in 2012. Cumming and Derani both made their Le Mans debuts in 2015. Cumming’s race ended early with a gearbox problem, but Derani earned an impressive fourth place finish.
Disappointment in Detroit for Visit Florida Racing
- 04 June 2016
Detroit, Mich. - After making a very promising start to the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship visit to Detroit, Visit Florida Racing’s Chevrolet Sports Car Classic presented by Metro Detroit Chevy Dealers took a sudden turn for the worse on Lap 10 when the No. 90 Corvette Daytona Prototype made heavy contact with the tire wall.
The contact caused significant damage to the right side of the iconic blue Visit Florida Chevrolet Corvette, and the damage was further exacerbated by a second hit when the car was hit by another Corvette DP that had no chance to take avoiding action.
Visit Florida Racing Chevy on Belle Isle Front Row
- 03 June 2016
Belle Isle, Mich. (3 June 2016) – In his first-ever race at the Belle Isle street circuit, Marc Goossens put the No. 90 Visit Florida Racing Corvette Daytona Prototype on the front row for the Chevrolet Sports Car Classic presented by Metro Detroit Chevy Dealers. Goossens’ fast lap time of 1:23.863-seconds was just .048-seconds off of the pole time as he rounded out the all-Chevy front row at the track located in the shadow of Chevrolet’s headquarters.
Goossens and co-driver Ryan Dalziel worked with the Visit Florida Racing team to dial in the Daytona Prototype machine through two practice sessions held earlier in the day.
- Visit Florida Racing Heads to Chevy’s Hometown of Detroit
- Tequila Patrón Announces Paul Mitchell as Primary Sponsor for 24 Hours of Le Mans
- Tequila Patrón ESM Celebrates Podium after Chaotic Spa-Francorchamps
- Teamwork Sees Visit Florida Racing Score Second in Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix
- Visit Florida Racing Set for Seventh on Continental Tire Grand Prix Grid
- Defending Race Winner Visit Florida Racing Returns to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- 6 Hours of Silverstone Podium Finish for Patrón ESM
- Debrief: 6 Hours of Silverstone Podium Finish for Patrón ESM
- Tequila Patrón ESM Sets Out for 2016 FIA World Endurance Championship
- Fighting Fifth in Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring for Visit Florida Racing
- Visit Florida Racing Sixth on Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Grid
- Visit Florida Racing Heads South to Sebring International Raceway
- Visit Florida Racing Takes Home Podium Finish in Rolex 24 At Daytona
- Visit Florida Racing Ready for Rolex 24 At Daytona
- Good Weekend of Testing in Daytona for Visit Florida Racing
- VISIT FLORIDA RACING'S *MEET THE TEAM*
- Podium Aspirations for Tequila Patrón ESM in Bahrain
- Tequila Patrón ESM Charges into China with Confidence
- Fourth Place Finish for Tequila Patrón ESM at Fuji
- Tequila Patrón ESM’s Global Season Continues in Japan
- Tequila Patrón ESM Earns Best Finish of FIA WEC Season at COTA
- 2016 FIA WEC Schedule Includes Stop in Mexico City
- Tequila Patrón ESM Qualifies Third at COTA
- American Homecoming for Tequila Patrón ESM at COTA
- EFFORT Racing Wins Team Championship at Season Finale
- Tequila Patrón ESM Gains Experience in Germany
- Tequila Patrón ESM Qualifies in Germany
- Ryan Dalziel Keeps Points Lead Following Miller Motorsports Park
- EFFORT Racing Celebrates Complete Sweep at Mid-Ohio
- Dalziel Sweeps GT Weekend at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Heitkotter, Thompson Win in GTA and GT Cup
- Dalziel and Montecalvo Win GT, GTA Round 14 at Mid-Ohio. Udell Wins GT Cup Round 12
- Motorsport.com and Tequila Patrón ESM to Debut “Vitesse Extreme – Le Mans” on Motorsport.com
- EFFORT Racing Bounces Back for Double Podium
- Two Top-10 Finishes for Tequila Patrón ESM in Le Mans Debut
- Tequila Patrón ESM Completes Le Mans Qualifying
- Tequila Patrón ESM Logs First Competitive Laps at Le Mans
- Tequila Patrón ESM Ready to Rock at Le Mans
- Tequila Patrón ESM Shows Speed and Potential at Spa as the Team Prepares for Le Mans
- Tequila Patrón ESM Qualifies for Spa
- Rainy Opening Practice for Tequila Patrón ESM and Ligier at Spa
- Tequila Patrón ESM Set to Battle in Belgium with Ligier
- Tequila Patrón ESM Tests Ligier Prototypes
- EFFORT Racing Earns Eighth Season Podium at Barber Motorsports Park
- Championship-Caliber Run for Tequila Patrón ESM at 6 Hours of Silverstone
- Tequila Patrón ESM Qualifies for 6 Hours of Silverstone
- Tequila Patrón ESM Set for 6 Hours of Silverstone Debut
- EFFORT Racing Continues Success at St. Petersburg
- Early Exit for Tequila Patrón ESM at Sebring
- Front-row start for Tequila Patrón ESM at Sebring
- Tequila Patrón ESM Determined to Achieve Victory at Sebring
- Tequila Patrón ESM Enters 12 Hours of Sebring with Honda ARX-03b Prototypes
- Quadruple Podium Weekend for EFFORT Racing at Circuit of the Americas
- Rolling Stone and Patrón Tequila Partner at 24 Hours of Le Mans
- Tequila Patrón ESM Confirmed Entrants in 2015 FIA WEC Season and 24 Hours of Le Mans
- EFFORT Racing confirms Dalziel's return to Pirelli World Challenge
- Early Exit for Tequila Patrón ESM at Rolex 24
- Tequila Patrón ESM: No. 2 qualifies 12th; No. 1 to return to track on Friday
- Tequila Patrón ESM's 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home and the Rolex 24
- Dalziel to Race Spa 24hr with DragonSpeed
- Tequila Patrón ESM Runs First Laps in Honda Coupe
- Runner-up Finish for ESM Patrón at Shanghai
- ESM Patrón Qualifies Fifth and Sixth at Shanghai
- ESM Patrón Set for Overseas FIA WEC Debut
- ESM Patrón Finishes Third in Debut FIA WEC Race
- ESM and Tequila Patrón Entering FIA WEC Shanghai; Forgoing Petit Le Mans
- ESM Patrón Qualifies Third in Debut FIA WEC Race
- ESM and Tequila Patrón Set for FIA WEC Debut at COTA
- ESM Patrón Returns to Podium
- Pole Position for ESM Patrón at Road America
- ESM Patrón Takes onFIA WEC LMP2 with COTA Entry
- ESM Patrón Road America Bound
- EFFORT Sweeps Mid-Ohio
- Fifth and Seventh Place Finishes for ESM Patrón in Indy Debut
- Simply Perfect Pole Position for ESM on National Patrón Tequila Day
- ESM Patrón Ready for First Kiss of Indy Bricks
- Crushing day in Canada for ESM Patrón
- Front Row Start for ESM Patrón at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- ESM Patrón Returns to Canadian Tire Motorsports Park: Site of First GT Win
- Heartbreak for ESM Patrón Team at Watkins Glen
- ESM Patrón Qualifies Fifth and Seventh at Watkins Glen
- ESM Patrón Set for Prototype Debut at Watkins Glen
- Challenging Day for ESM Patrón at Detroit
- Front Row Start for ESM Patrón at Detroit
- Extreme Speed Motorsports to run HPD ARX-04b Honda
- ESM Patrón Targeting Win at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- Heartbreaking final lap for ESM Patrón at Long Beach
- ESM Patrón Ready for Long Beach Street Battle
- Ryan Dalziel Aims for Perfect Birthday Gift at Long Beach
- Ryan Dalziel Proud of ESM’S Sebring Podium
- ESM Patrón Runner-Up at Sebring
- ESM Patrón Leads Sebring at Six Hour Mark
- Top-10 Qualifying Effort for ESM Patrón at Sebring
- ESM Patrón Leveraging Home-Track Advantage at Sebring
- Ryan Dalziel Wants Debut with ESM Win at Sebring
- Rollercoaster Rolex for ESM Patrón
- ESM Patrón Team Hour 12 of Rolex 24
- Opening Hours of Rolex 24 Unkind to ESM Patrón Team
- Ryan Dalziel continues to support West of Scotland Kart Club
- DALZIEL SIGNS WITH ESM PATRON FOR 2014 SEASON
- RYAN DALZIEL STORMS TO INDY WIN AND TAKES LEAD IN ROLEX GRAND-AM SERIES