Debrief: 6 Hours of Silverstone Podium Finish for Patrón ESM
- 19 April 2016
Continuing an impressive run in 2016, Tequila Patrón ESM earned a second place finish on Sunday at the World Endurance Championship (WEC) season opening race at the 6 Hours of Silverstone. The finish marks the team’s third podium finish in three races, following record setting wins at the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona and the Twelve Hours of Sebring in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
The team returned for a second full season in the WEC with a two car effort. Starting the event in 10th, the driver lineup for the No. 30 Nissan Ligier JS P2 consisted of Team Owner Scott Sharp, Tequila Patrón CEO Ed Brown and ESM veteran Johannes van Overbeek. Ryan Dalziel, Chris Cumming and Pipo Derani completed the team lineup in the No. 31 Nissan Ligier JS P2, leading the team qualifying effort with a 2nd place result.
Tequila Patrón ESM Sets Out for 2016 FIA World Endurance Championship
- 11 April 2016
The FIA World Endurance Championship season officially begins this weekend with the 6 Hours of Silverstone, the first of nine races on the 2016 calendar. Tequila Patrón ESM is returning to the sports car endurance racing series with two Nissan-powered Ligier JS P2s, and a driver lineup to be feared.
Returning drivers Ed Brown, Scott Sharp and Johannes van Overbeek will share the No. 30 Tequila Patrón ESM Ligier. The trio, and Brazilian driver Pipo Derani, have already enjoyed great success this season, winning the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship 24 Hours of Daytona and 12 Hours of Sebring, the first team to do so since 1998. Derani will join team newcomer Chris Cumming and ESM veteran Ryan Dalziel in the No. 31 Tequila Patrón ESM Ligier.
Fighting Fifth in Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring for Visit Florida Racing
- 20 March 2016
Sebring, Fla. (19 March 2016) - Visit Florida Racing survived a treacherous run through the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring in a race that saw variable Florida weather conditions throughout. The 64th running of the historic event opened under dry and sunny conditions, followed by race-stopping torrential rain, and finished under the always challenging Sebring blanket of darkness.
Drivers Marc Goossens, Ryan Dalziel, and Ryan Hunter-Reay persevered through some of the most challenging race conditions in Sebring 12-hour history to bring home a fifth place finish.
Visit Florida Racing Sixth on Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Grid
- 19 March 2016
Sebring, Fla. – The rich annual tradition of the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring will continue on Saturday as the 64th running of the annual endurance challenge will take the green flag at 10:40 AM ET (live broadcast: FOX Sports 1, 10:30 AM ET).
The race marks Round 2 of the 2016 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship as the Sebring crowd greets nearly 50 cars set for 12 hours of battle on the fabled 3.74-mile circuit.
Looking to build from a podium finish in the opening race at Daytona International Speedway, Visit Florida Racing will start from the third row of the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring with the No. 90 Visit Florida Racing Corvette DP of drivers Ryan Dalziel, Marc Goossens, and Ryan Hunter-Reay.
Visit Florida Racing Heads South to Sebring International Raceway
- 14 March 2016
DRIVING AT SEBRING: Ryan Dalziel, Marc Goossens, Ryan Hunter-Reay will drive the No. 90 Visit Florida Racing Corvette Daytona Prototype.
RACING AT ‘HOME’: In terms of racing at the home track, none comes closer to home than Daytona International Speedway for Visit Florida Racing. But a close second is Sebring International Raceway located some 150 miles south of the Visit Florida Racing race shop. For Ryan Dalziel, who lives just outside of Orlando, Sebring is his home track, and with Ryan Hunter-Reay 150 miles south of the Sebring road course in Fort Lauderdale, it’s also the closest stop of his four IMSA races.
Visit Florida Racing Takes Home Podium Finish in Rolex 24 At Daytona
- 31 January 2016
Daytona Beach, Fla. – With scores of Visit Florida guests and hometown supporters on hand, Daytona Beach-based Visit Florida Racing drove to a third place finish after 24 hours of hard-fought racing in the Rolex 24 At Daytona. It matched the team’s best result in the race after finishing third last year on the way to taking second in the 2015 IMSA Championship.
Visit Florida Racing’s driving trio of Ryan Dalziel, Marc Goossens and Ryan Hunter-Reay proved to be a potent one as the three drivers combined to deliver a podium result in their first race together. And with the 2016 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship title the ultimate goal for Visit Florida Racing, the Daytona result was a good step forward in its pursuit of the championship.
Visit Florida Racing Ready for Rolex 24 At Daytona
- 29 January 2016
Daytona Beach, Fla. (28 January 2016) – While Florida attracts millions every year with its warm beaches and sunny skies, fans at Daytona International Speedway got a little taste of the orange-growing Florida weather as Visit Florida Racing began its first day of the famed Rolex 24 At Daytona with two soggy practice sessions and an outright downpour during qualifying on Thursday.
Despite the deluge, Visit Florida Racing’s Ryan Dalziel secured an eighth place starting position with the No. 90 Visit Florida Racing Corvette DP he shares with Marc Goossens and Ryan Hunter-Reay.
Good Weekend of Testing in Daytona for Visit Florida Racing
- 11 January 2016
Daytona Beach, Fla. – Visit Florida Racing spent a productive three days testing at its home track just down the road from the team headquarters, at Daytona International Speedway over the weekend as the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship staged its annual ‘Roar Before the 24’. For the Daytona Beach based-team, it was the first opportunity for its new driver line-up of Marc Goossens, Ryan Dalziel and Ryan Hunter-Reay to turn laps in the No. 90 Visit Florida Racing Corvette Daytona Prototype.
The test saw a mix of Florida weather conditions with clouds, sun, and even some rain drops throughout the test. The various conditions were beneficial in preparing for the Rolex 24 At Daytona which sees a wide range of weather conditions throughout the 24 hours of racing.
VISIT FLORIDA RACING'S *MEET THE TEAM*
- 06 January 2016
9:00 AM - 9:30 AM Sunday, January 10
at the Visit Florida Racing transporter
Join us for donuts and coffee at the Visit Florida Racing transporter on Sunday, January 10th at 9:00 AM!
After scoring second in the 2015 IMSA Championship, the Visit Florida Racing team is preparing for an even stronger 2016 IMSA WeatherTech campaign, starting with the Rolex 24 At Daytona.
Chat with Visit Florida Racing drivers Marc Goossens, Ryan Dalziel, and Ryan Hunter-Reay as well as team owner Troy Flis.
Podium Aspirations for Tequila Patrón ESM in Bahrain
- 19 November 2015
Riviera Beach, Fla., – Nov. 19, 2015 – As the final race of the 2015 FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) season, Tequila Patrón ESM heads to “The Home of Motorsport in the Middle East” for the 6 Hours of Bahrain. The Florida-based team wraps-up its full season FIA WEC debut at the Bahrain International Circuit this weekend.
In a season of firsts, Tequila Patrón ESM has competed on some of the most challenging tracks in the world for the first time. Of the six drivers, only one has competed in Bahrain and earned two podium finishes. David Heinemeier Hansson, co-driver of the No. 30 Tequila Patrón ESM Ligier JS P2 Honda, won the 2014 GTE AM race last year and finished second in 2013. The reigning 2014 GTE AM champion joined Tequila Patrón ESM at the start of the season is the veteran racer when it comes to Bahrain.
Tequila Patrón ESM Charges into China with Confidence
- 29 October 2015
Riviera Beach, Fla., – One year ago, Tequila Patrón ESM earned runner-up honors in its overseas LMP2 debut race in Shanghai. A year later and armed with two new Tequila Patrón-livered Ligier JS P2 Hondas and two additional championship-winning drivers, the Florida-based team seeks a repeat podium performance in China for the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) 6 Hours of Shanghai.
It has been a learning year for Tequila Patrón ESM in the WEC since that first race in China. The lone two-car American team in the LMP2 class, Tequila Patrón ESM is the only team to have competed with three different chassis this year. Since acquiring two identical Ligier JS P2 Honda-powered racing machines one week before the 6 Hours of Spa in May, the team has gained valuable data at each turn of every venue this season. The team is confident heading into the 6 Hours of Shanghai since five of the six drivers have competed at Shanghai International Circuit.
Fourth Place Finish for Tequila Patrón ESM at Fuji
- 12 October 2015
Fuji, Japan – It was a wet and wild Sunday in the shadows of Mount Fuji during the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) 6 Hours of Fuji. The race started with the safety car leading the first 45 minutes due to heavy rain and ended under dry conditions as the Tequila Patrón ESM team tied its best result of the season with a fourth-place finish.
Scott Sharp, Ryan Dalziel and David Heinemeier Hansson, co-drivers of the No. 30 Tequila Patrón ESM earned their second consecutive fourth-place finish in WEC competition. The trio finished fourth at the 6 Hours of Circuit of The Americas last month.
Tequila Patrón ESM’s Global Season Continues in Japan
- 07 October 2015
Riviera Beach, Fla., – Fresh off a season-best finish of its debut season in the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC), Tequila Patrón ESM seeks to build on that momentum as it heads to Japan and the 6 Hours of Fuji.
Tequila Patrón ESM’s fourth-place finish in front of the home crowd and venue provide ample boosts to the team as it races the next two rounds in Asia before heading to the season finale in Bahrain.
Tequila Patrón ESM Earns Best Finish of FIA WEC Season at COTA
- 20 September 2015
Austin, Texas – Tequila Patrón ESM earned its best finish of the season today during the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) 6 Hours of Circuit of The Americas (COTA). A hard-charging Ryan Dalziel passed the No. 43 LMP2 for fourth place moments before the checkered flag.
Six hours earlier, Dalziel started the race in third. He claimed second with a smooth pass on the No. 28 LMP2, and then took over the race lead on pit stop strategy. Dalziel went from third to first in less than an hour from the green flag. He pitted once for fuel and attempted to double stint the Dunlop tires. Even with older tires, Dalziel was able to keep the competition at bay while he led the LMP2 field. His double stint turned into a stint-and-a-half once the tires began to show wear. Dalziel pitted for fuel, tires and a driver change to Scott Sharp.
2016 FIA WEC Schedule Includes Stop in Mexico City
- 19 September 2015
Austin, Texas, – Sept. 19, 2015 – Shortly before the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) 6 Hours of Circuit of The Americas (COTA), the series announced its 2016 schedule which includes the same eight venues as 2015 and a new circuit: Mexico City. The Mexico City round will take place on September 4, 2016, per the FIA WEC announcement today.
The Florida-based Tequila Patrón ESM team will enter its sophomore season and compete against the world’s best LMP2 teams in the 2016 FIA World Endurance Championship. The 2016 FIA WEC schedule includes two test sessions and nine races spanning the globe including England, Belgium, France, Germany, United States, Japan, China, Bahrain and now Mexico.
Tequila Patrón ESM Qualifies Third at COTA
- 18 September 2015
Austin, Texas, – Tequila Patrón ESM earned its best starting position of the 2015 FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) during qualifying for the 6 Hours of Circuit of The Americas (COTA). Despite a red flag impacting the opening minutes of qualifying, the team made the most of the 15-minute session. The No. 30 and No. 31 Tequila Patrón-sponsored Ligier JS2 Hondas will start third and sixth in the race on Saturday.
Per FIA WEC rules, the quickest lap time from each team’s two qualifying drivers are averaged in order to determine the starting position.
American Homecoming for Tequila Patrón ESM at COTA
- 16 September 2015
Riviera Beach, Fla., – Tequila Patrón ESM drivers Scott Sharp, Ed Brown and Ryan Dalziel finished third in the team’s FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) debut at Circuit of The Americas last September. The Florida-based team hopes to channel the energy from one year ago as it returns to the United States for the FIA WEC 6 Hours of Circuit of The Americas (COTA).
In its rookie season of the WEC, Tequila Patrón ESM returns to home soil with its Ligier JS P2 Honda-powered race cars. Earlier this year, the team competed at the Rolex 24 at Daytona with the Honda Performance Development (HPD) ARX-04b coupe, and with the HPD ARX-03b at the 12 Hours of Sebring and 6 Hours of Silverstone. The team competed in its third different chassis of the season, the Ligier JS P2, at the 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps, the 24 Hours of Le Mans and 6 Hours of Nürburgring. Tequila Patrón ESM is the only LMP2 team in WEC to compete with three different chassis this season.
EFFORT Racing Wins Team Championship at Season Finale
- 15 September 2015
MONTEREY, Cal, -The 2015 Pirelli World Challenge race season came to a close this weekend at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in a spectacular fashion. With three wins, 10 podiums and 20 top-five finishes, EFFORT Racing finished 2015 as the GT Team Champions by 155 points over the Driver Championship winners, Cadillac Racing. The team was also recognized for their dedication and success, and were presented with the Crew of the Year award at the finale banquet. Despite missing three races, driver Ryan Dalziel finished an impressive third in the GT Championship and GTA-turned GT driver Michael Lewis earned top Rookie honors.
The battle for the GT championship came down to the final race, a 55 minute sprint following a standing start. Dalziel dropped from 3rd to 4th position at the start, but remained close to the leaders, battling for position in the top five throughout the entirety of the race. Teammate Michael Lewis started in 8th, and celebrated a successful start, gaining two positions by lap 5. True to form, Lewis raced clean and consistent, biding his time as the action ahead of him grew heated.
Tequila Patrón ESM Gains Experience in Germany
- 31 August 2015
Nürburgring, Germany, – It was a weekend of high hopes and dashed dreams for Tequila Patrón ESM at the FIA World Endurance Championship’s (FIA WEC) 6 Hours of Nürburgring. At the end of the six-hour race, the team finished sixth and eighth in the LMP2 class.
After successful testing at Nürburgring back in July, Tequila Patrón ESM entered this week’s event with confidence its Ligier JS P2 Hondas were ready to take on the field and give the team a pair of podium finishes. But for most of the race the fast setup eluded both cars, until late in the race when the team found a competitive pace but with too few laps left to make a podium finish.
Tequila Patrón ESM Qualifies in Germany
- 29 August 2015
Nürburgring, Germany – Tequila Patrón ESM will have their work cut out for them on Sunday of the FIA World Endurance Championship’s (FIA WEC) 6 Hours of Nürburgring following qualifying today. The team is up for the challenge and believes the No. 30 and No. 31 Tequila Patrón-sponsored Ligier JS2 Hondas have more potential than their performance showed in qualifying for the LMP2 class. The Florida-based team will start seventh and eighth in the race on Sunday.
Per the FIA WEC rules, the quickest lap time from each team’s two qualifying drivers are averaged in order to determine the starting position.
- Ryan Dalziel Keeps Points Lead Following Miller Motorsports Park
- EFFORT Racing Celebrates Complete Sweep at Mid-Ohio
- Dalziel Sweeps GT Weekend at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Heitkotter, Thompson Win in GTA and GT Cup
- Dalziel and Montecalvo Win GT, GTA Round 14 at Mid-Ohio. Udell Wins GT Cup Round 12
- Motorsport.com and Tequila Patrón ESM to Debut “Vitesse Extreme – Le Mans” on Motorsport.com
- EFFORT Racing Bounces Back for Double Podium
- Two Top-10 Finishes for Tequila Patrón ESM in Le Mans Debut
- Tequila Patrón ESM Completes Le Mans Qualifying
- Tequila Patrón ESM Logs First Competitive Laps at Le Mans
- Tequila Patrón ESM Ready to Rock at Le Mans
- Tequila Patrón ESM Shows Speed and Potential at Spa as the Team Prepares for Le Mans
- Tequila Patrón ESM Qualifies for Spa
- Rainy Opening Practice for Tequila Patrón ESM and Ligier at Spa
- Tequila Patrón ESM Set to Battle in Belgium with Ligier
- Tequila Patrón ESM Tests Ligier Prototypes
- EFFORT Racing Earns Eighth Season Podium at Barber Motorsports Park
- Championship-Caliber Run for Tequila Patrón ESM at 6 Hours of Silverstone
- Tequila Patrón ESM Qualifies for 6 Hours of Silverstone
- Tequila Patrón ESM Set for 6 Hours of Silverstone Debut
- EFFORT Racing Continues Success at St. Petersburg
- Early Exit for Tequila Patrón ESM at Sebring
- Front-row start for Tequila Patrón ESM at Sebring
- Tequila Patrón ESM Determined to Achieve Victory at Sebring
- Tequila Patrón ESM Enters 12 Hours of Sebring with Honda ARX-03b Prototypes
- Quadruple Podium Weekend for EFFORT Racing at Circuit of the Americas
- Rolling Stone and Patrón Tequila Partner at 24 Hours of Le Mans
- Tequila Patrón ESM Confirmed Entrants in 2015 FIA WEC Season and 24 Hours of Le Mans
- EFFORT Racing confirms Dalziel's return to Pirelli World Challenge
- Early Exit for Tequila Patrón ESM at Rolex 24
- Tequila Patrón ESM: No. 2 qualifies 12th; No. 1 to return to track on Friday
- Tequila Patrón ESM's 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home and the Rolex 24
- Dalziel to Race Spa 24hr with DragonSpeed
- Tequila Patrón ESM Runs First Laps in Honda Coupe
- Runner-up Finish for ESM Patrón at Shanghai
- ESM Patrón Qualifies Fifth and Sixth at Shanghai
- ESM Patrón Set for Overseas FIA WEC Debut
- ESM Patrón Finishes Third in Debut FIA WEC Race
- ESM and Tequila Patrón Entering FIA WEC Shanghai; Forgoing Petit Le Mans
- ESM Patrón Qualifies Third in Debut FIA WEC Race
- ESM and Tequila Patrón Set for FIA WEC Debut at COTA
- ESM Patrón Returns to Podium
- Pole Position for ESM Patrón at Road America
- ESM Patrón Takes onFIA WEC LMP2 with COTA Entry
- ESM Patrón Road America Bound
- EFFORT Sweeps Mid-Ohio
- Fifth and Seventh Place Finishes for ESM Patrón in Indy Debut
- Simply Perfect Pole Position for ESM on National Patrón Tequila Day
- ESM Patrón Ready for First Kiss of Indy Bricks
- Crushing day in Canada for ESM Patrón
- Front Row Start for ESM Patrón at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- ESM Patrón Returns to Canadian Tire Motorsports Park: Site of First GT Win
- Heartbreak for ESM Patrón Team at Watkins Glen
- ESM Patrón Qualifies Fifth and Seventh at Watkins Glen
- ESM Patrón Set for Prototype Debut at Watkins Glen
- Challenging Day for ESM Patrón at Detroit
- Front Row Start for ESM Patrón at Detroit
- Extreme Speed Motorsports to run HPD ARX-04b Honda
- ESM Patrón Targeting Win at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- Heartbreaking final lap for ESM Patrón at Long Beach
- ESM Patrón Ready for Long Beach Street Battle
- Ryan Dalziel Aims for Perfect Birthday Gift at Long Beach
- Ryan Dalziel Proud of ESM’S Sebring Podium
- ESM Patrón Runner-Up at Sebring
- ESM Patrón Leads Sebring at Six Hour Mark
- Top-10 Qualifying Effort for ESM Patrón at Sebring
- ESM Patrón Leveraging Home-Track Advantage at Sebring
- Ryan Dalziel Wants Debut with ESM Win at Sebring
- Rollercoaster Rolex for ESM Patrón
- ESM Patrón Team Hour 12 of Rolex 24
- Opening Hours of Rolex 24 Unkind to ESM Patrón Team
- Ryan Dalziel continues to support West of Scotland Kart Club
- DALZIEL SIGNS WITH ESM PATRON FOR 2014 SEASON
- RYAN DALZIEL STORMS TO INDY WIN AND TAKES LEAD IN ROLEX GRAND-AM SERIES
- RYAN DALZIEL HELPS BRING VIPER HOME ON LE MANS RETURN
- RYAN DALZIEL CLOSES TITLE GAP AFTER PODIUM
- RYAN DALZIEL MISSES OUT ON MOTOWN HIT
- RYAN DALZIEL AIMING TO BE A DETROIT WINNER
- DALZIEL TAKES HARD-FOUGHT SECOND PLACE AT ROAD ATLANTA
- RYAN DALZIEL TO GET TITLE CHARGE ON RIGHT ROAD AT ATLANTA
- RYAN DALZIEL TO MAKE WORLD CHALLENGE DEBUT FOR TRUSPEED
- RYAN DALZIEL SHOWS FIGHTING QUALITIES IN SEBRING FINISH
- Ryan Dalziel Takes Stunning Second in Texas
- DALZIEL JOINS SRT MOTORSPORTS FOR THE ENDUROS
- RYAN DALZIEL IN TITLE VOW TO EASE ROLEX 24 PAIN
- RIGHT TIME FOR RYAN DALZIEL TO GRAB ANOTHER ROLEX
- WILLIAM LYONS TROPHY AS SMRC HONOURS RYAN DALZIEL
- RYAN DALZIEL TO FLY SCOTTISH KART STAR TO DAYTONA 24
- Ryan Dalziel and Starworks Clinch FIA World Endurance Title
- Unfinished Business For Ryan Dalziel In Japan
- Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining for Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel's Looking For Silver Service
- Ryan Dalziel happy to make a point at Watkins Glen
- Ryan Dalziel Has Double Vision In Living The Indy Dream
- Seconds out as Le Mans winner Ryan Dalziel hits the Road
- Ryan Dalziel lives Le Mans dream but gets back to real world
- Le Mans Winner
- Season Starts Again For Table-Topper Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel Won't Be A Detroit Spinner
- Ryan Dalziel Storms To The Top Of The Charts Despite A Hit
- Ryan Dalziel Aims To Turn Up The Heat After Pain In The Rain