Tequila Patrón ESM Set to Battle in Belgium with Ligier
- 29 April 2015
Riviera Beach, Fla., – Less than six weeks ago, Tequila Patrón ESM announced it would transition to the Onroak Automotive Ligier JS P2 prototype machines. This weekend the Florida-based team will compete in its first race with the Tequila Patrón-sponsored Ligier JS P2 prototypes at the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium.
Outfitted with the latest in sportscar technology, Tequila Patrón ESM will be in the thick of the LMP2 battle with two identically equipped Ligier JS P2 prototypes, powered by Honda HR28TT V6 engines. A bright spot on the grid, the Tequila Patrón ESM Ligiers are livered with contrasting black and striking Patrón green featuring the signature Tequila Patrón bottles and trademark Patrón bee. To distinguish the two machines from each other, the No. 30 will feature black mirrors and the No. 31 will have Patrón green mirrors.
Tequila Patrón ESM Tests Ligier Prototypes
- 27 April 2015
Tequila Patrón ESM brought the brand new racing machines to Magny-Cours in central France today to conduct its first official shakedown and laps with the Ligiers. Today’s test kicks off a week of on-track action that concludes with Round 2 of the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC), the 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium on Saturday.
EFFORT Racing Earns Eighth Season Podium at Barber Motorsports Park
- 27 April 2015
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - After a difficult race weekend on the streets of Long Beach, EFFORT Racing moved on to earn their eighth podium of the season at Barber Motorsports Park for Rounds 6 and 7 of the Pirelli World Challenge.
Driver of the #31 EFFORT Racing Porsche 911 GT R Ryan Dalziel started Race 1 in 9th, but a strong start brought him quickly to 6th position. Michael Lewis started the #41 EFFORT Racing Porsche 911 GT3 in 3rd. Lap 10 brought a four lap full course caution, with the No. 61 of Baretta sandwiched between Lewis in 4th and Dalziel in 6th. As the field went back to green, Dalziel battled with Baretta for 5th, successfully making the pass before the field again went to yellow. By the final yellow. Dalziel had worked his way up to 4th, with Lewis in 6th. With just a few laps to go, Lewis reported a problem to the team his left rear tire, eventually forcing him to end his race early by pulling off track in order to not cause a dangerous situation for the rest of the field.
Championship-Caliber Run for Tequila Patrón ESM at 6 Hours of Silverstone
- 12 April 2015
Silverstone, England – Tequila Patrón ESM ran like a championship team today and completed the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) race, the 6 Hours of Silverstone, in third place. The No. 30 Tequila Patrón ESM prototype of Scott Sharp, Ryan Dalziel and David Heinemeier Hansson, unfortunately failed post-race inspection after it was deemed the floor had too much wear, as a result of chassis modifications to comply with the rules.
During the race, Dalziel started from the fifth position on the grid, leapt into fourth in the first 12 laps, and eventually reached a race-high of third position. He drove the first 90 minutes and then turned the car over to Heinemeier Hansson, who maintained the third-place spot.
Tequila Patrón ESM Qualifies for 6 Hours of Silverstone
- 11 April 2015
Silverstone, England – In its first 2015 FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) qualifying session of the season, Tequila Patrón ESM will start fifth and eighth for the 6 Hours of Silverstone race on Sunday, April 12.
In what was described as a “typical Silverstone day”, early rain showers greeted the team on Saturday morning. The Tequila Patrón ESM team opted to not participate in the wet practice. The weather cleared for a sunny, yet Silverstone-cool qualifying session.
Tequila Patrón ESM Set for 6 Hours of Silverstone Debut
- 08 April 2015
Two-car American team begins 2015 FIA WEC adventure in England
Riviera Beach, Fla., – Tequila Patrón ESM begins its second chapter of the 2015 motorsports season this weekend for the season-opening FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) race. The 6 Hours of Silverstone takes place Sunday, April 12, near the Northamptonshire villages of Silverstone and Whittlebury, approximately two hours northwest of London.
Tequila Patrón ESM had its taste of WEC competition in 2014. As America’s only two-car LMP2 effort slated to compete in the full 2015 WEC season, the Florida-based team looks to continue where it left off last season. In two previous WEC appearances, Tequila Patrón ESM earned a third-place finish at the 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas and then a runner-up finish during the 6 Hours of Shanghai.
EFFORT Racing Continues Success at St. Petersburg
- 29 March 2015
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla., - EFFORT Racing's successful streak in the 2015 Pirelli World Challenge championship continues, following Rounds 3 and 4 and the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg. The team celebrated three more podiums, to add to the previous four, with drivers Ryan Dalziel and Michael Lewis on the temporary downtown street circuit.
Ryan Daziel started Round 3 in the #31 EFFORT Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R in 3rd. A successful standing start brought him to second place in the early laps, which was then followed by an extended caution period. Michael Lewis started 3rd in the GTA class, but masterfully worked his way to first before the caution. The field restarted with 25 minutes of racing remaining. Both drivers not only held their position but put up strong battles to gain ground in the remaining laps, while also enduring another caution period. Ultimately, Dalziel finished 2nd, earning his third second place finish of the season, also taking the GT championship lead, and Lewis finished first in the GTA class.
Early Exit for Tequila Patrón ESM at Sebring
- 21 March 2015
SEBRING, Fla., – In a race where most teams have months to prepare, Tequila Patrón ESM accomplished in two weeks. Tequila Patrón ESM and Honda Performance Development made the decision to enter the ARX-03b prototypes into the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race – the 63rd Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh From Florida in the second week of March. A bold and promising decision since the ARX-03b was a race-proven prototype that earned the Florida-based sportscar team a runner-up finish one year ago.
In the end, the 12 Hours of Sebring was just not the race for Tequila Patrón ESM. A rear suspension issue and loss of boost dashed the team’s hopes of a podium finish at its home track today.
Front-row start for Tequila Patrón ESM at Sebring
- 20 March 2015
SEBRING, Fla., – March 20, 2015 – Ryan Dalziel roared around Sebring International Raceway on Friday afternoon en route to a front-row starting position for the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race – the 63rd Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh From Florida. Three-tenths of a second (.303) separated Dalziel from the pole-winning team as he earned Tequila Patrón ESM’s first front-row start of the season.
In its first U.S. appearance this year with Tequila Patrón ESM, the Honda Performance Development ARX-03b (HPD) showed it has plenty of fight left in it. Dalziel, in the No. 1 Tequila Patrón ESM HPD ARX-03b, sprinted around the 3.7-mile, 17-turn circuit in 1:51.455 (120.802 mph). The last time this prototype saw sportscar competition was a runner-up finish at the November FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) race in China. Before that, the last time the No. 1 machine competed in the TUDOR Championship was at Road America in August, where Dalziel and co-driver Scott Sharp started from the pole and finished third.
Tequila Patrón ESM Determined to Achieve Victory at Sebring
- 17 March 2015
Riviera Beach, Fla., – March 17, 2015 – Tequila Patrón ESM has some unfinished business at Sebring International Raceway and this weekend’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race – the 63rd Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh From Florida. Following last year’s runner-up finish, the Florida-based team returns to its home track more determined than ever to win the annual Sebring event and the second round of the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup. To help with those tasks, Tequila Patrón ESM has enlisted two old friends – the Tequila Patrón-sponsored Honda Performance Development (HPD) ARX-03b race cars.
The Tequila Patrón ESM team recalls last year’s 12 Hours of Sebring as vividly as it remembers yesterday. Despite dominating and leading the second half of the endurance event, a late-race caution flag jeopardized the No. 1 Tequila Patrón ESM team of claiming victory. It was a bittersweet podium celebration for Scott Sharp, Ryan Dalziel and David Brabham. The second-place finish marked the first podium of the season for the team, but a race win was a mere four seconds out of reach.
Tequila Patrón ESM Enters 12 Hours of Sebring with Honda ARX-03b Prototypes
- 11 March 2015
Riviera Beach, Fla., – Tequila Patrón ESM returns to the tried and true Honda Performance Development (HPD) ARX-03b prototypes for the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race at Sebring International Raceway next weekend. The two-car team returns to its race-winning open cockpit prototypes for the second round of the TUDOR Championship and second race of the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup.
Tequila Patrón ESM first raced the HPD ARX-03b Honda prototypes in the 2013 season of the then American Le Mans Series (ALMS), and in preparation for the inaugural 2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, which resulted from the ALMS and GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series merger. In 21 races with the ARX-03b prototypes, Tequila Patrón ESM earned two wins (Long Beach, 2013 and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, 2014), four pole positions and 16 podium finishes.
Quadruple Podium Weekend for EFFORT Racing at Circuit of the Americas
- 10 March 2015
EFFORT Racing veteran Ryan Dalziel started the No. 31 Porsche 911 GT3 R in 3rd place in Race 1, wasting no time charging to the front to hold the lead position for a majority of the race. His battle for position mixed with track marbles lead to slight tire degradation, in the final laps while fighting for the lead in the GT class. Ultimately, the No. 31 finished second place, earning valuable points and a third place start for Race 2. The second race at Circuit of the Americas started under torrential downpour, and race officials decided to waive the traditional standing start, allowing the field to roll to the green flag. The fan-favorite had a strong start, taking second place in the opening moments, heading into turn one. Despite the hazardous conditions and other competitors losing control on track, Dalziel kept his lap times competitive to the end and brought home his another, second place finish at the season opening event.
Rolling Stone and Patrón Tequila Partner at 24 Hours of Le Mans
- 03 March 2015
New York, NY –Tequila Patrón Extreme Speed Motorsports (ESM) and Rolling Stone will make their 24 Hours of Le Mans debut with an eye-catching new entry this year– two Honda Performance Development (HPD) ARX-04b coupes emblazoned with the Rolling Stone logo, during the 83rd running of this prestigious race weekend on June 13-14 in Le Mans, France.
Patrón Spirits International, the lead sponsor of Tequila Patrón ESM, has partnered with Rolling Stone in both brands’ first-ever involvement in this world famous racing event. Tequila Patrón ESM will also appear in a short film and accompanying story for RollingStone.com and Rolling Stone magazine.
Tequila Patrón ESM Confirmed Entrants in 2015 FIA WEC Season and 24 Hours of Le Mans
- 09 February 2015
Riviera Beach, Fla., – In late 2014, Tequila Patrón ESM submitted two full-season entrant applications for the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC). Today the team received confirmation that it will compete in the eight-race FIA WEC season which includes the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
The team will field two Honda Performance Development (HPD) ARX-04b coupe prototypes with continued sponsorship from Tequila Patrón. The 2015 FIA WEC schedule spans the globe and includes Tequila Patrón ESM’s debut in the prestigious 24 Hours of Le Mans and the six-hour races at circuits in England, Belgium, Germany, Japan, China, Bahrain and the United States round in Austin, Texas.
EFFORT Racing confirms Dalziel's return to Pirelli World Challenge
- 29 January 2015
Houston, Texas - Following their 2014 Pirelli World Challenge GT-A Championship win, EFFORT Racing has announced an expansion for their racing program with Porsche Motorsport North America (PMNA) for 2015. In addition to an entry in the GT class, the team has joined forces with PMNA to create a new means to develop up-and-coming sports car drivers: The Porsche Motorsport North America Young Driver Program.
The program will combine the endeavors of PMNA and EFFORT Racing to provide young racers from the Porsche Young Drivers Academy and the Porsche/IMSA Driver Scholarship with the opportunity to race in Pirelli World Challenge's GT Amateur class. EFFORT Racing will enter a season long entry in GT-A, utilizing the Porsche 911 GT3.
Early Exit for Tequila Patrón ESM at Rolex 24
- 25 January 2015
Daytona Beach, Fla. – Tequila Patrón ESM might have exited the 53rd Rolex 24 at Daytona earlier than expected, but the team is leaving with confidence in the new Honda Performance Development (HPD) ARX-04b coupes. Despite two DNFs on the official results, the team has more experience with the new cars that can be used as preparation for the next race at Sebring International Raceway in March.
The No. 1 Tequila Patrón HPD of Scott Sharp, Ryan Dalziel and David Heinemeier Hansson started from the 16th position. Since the team did not participate in qualifying on Thursday, the IMSA rule book states the team must start at the end of the Prototype and Prototype Challenge categories. The No. 1 suffered an issue in the bell housing during Thursday’s morning practice that prevented it from participating in qualifying.
Tequila Patrón ESM: No. 2 qualifies 12th; No. 1 to return to track on Friday
- 22 January 2015
Daytona Beach, Fla., Jan. 22, 2015 – Tequila Patrón ESM continues to improve and develop the all-new Honda Performance Development (HPD) ARX-04b coupes. The team is one step closer to the season opening TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race, the Rolex 24 At Daytona, following today’s practice sessions and qualifying.
Tequila Patrón ESM's 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home and the Rolex 24
- 22 January 2015
Riviera Beach, Fla., – Tequila Patrón ESM begins a new motorsports chapter this weekend. Set to compete in the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) and the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup races of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, Tequila Patrón ESM kicks off its 2015 season in its home state during the 53rd Annual Rolex 24 At Daytona.
Tequila Patrón ESM is headquartered approximately three hours south of the famed Daytona International Speedway. The twice-around-the-clock endurance race is the season-opening TUDOR Championship event and opening round of the four-race Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup.
Dalziel to Race Spa 24hr with DragonSpeed
- 19 January 2015
The five-race BES (organizer SRO also runs a seven-round sprint championship) will visit the current or former F1 circuits at Monza (3h), Silverstone (3h), Paul Ricard (1000km), Spa Francorchamps (24h), and Nürburgring (3h). The team will operate from a state-of-the-art facility in Switzerland at the Octane 126 Ferrari sales and service center near Zürich airport.
Tequila Patrón ESM Runs First Laps in Honda Coupe
- 15 December 2014
Riviera Beach, Fla., Dec. 14, 2014 – Tequila Patrón ESM attacked the 2015 sports car racing season today by running the all-new Honda Performance Development ARX-04b Honda prototype coupe for the first time. Tequila Patrón ESM principal Scott Sharp was first inside the enclosed cockpit racing machine.
“This HPD coupe is very exciting for us, there has been so much anticipation building up to our first laps,” said Sharp. “Huge thanks to the entire Tequila Patrón ESM team, HPD and Wirth for their efforts in getting the coupe delivered, built and on-track today. We’ve spent many months getting to this point – our hard-working crew, the HPD engineering team and Wirth have been non-stop these last few weeks. They’ve made huge gains on the car, in addition to the logistics and behind the scenes planning. This has been a long process, but we’re super excited about today, tomorrow and the future.
- Runner-up Finish for ESM Patrón at Shanghai
- ESM Patrón Qualifies Fifth and Sixth at Shanghai
- ESM Patrón Set for Overseas FIA WEC Debut
- ESM Patrón Finishes Third in Debut FIA WEC Race
- ESM and Tequila Patrón Entering FIA WEC Shanghai; Forgoing Petit Le Mans
- ESM Patrón Qualifies Third in Debut FIA WEC Race
- ESM and Tequila Patrón Set for FIA WEC Debut at COTA
- ESM Patrón Returns to Podium
- Pole Position for ESM Patrón at Road America
- ESM Patrón Takes onFIA WEC LMP2 with COTA Entry
- ESM Patrón Road America Bound
- EFFORT Sweeps Mid-Ohio
- Fifth and Seventh Place Finishes for ESM Patrón in Indy Debut
- Simply Perfect Pole Position for ESM on National Patrón Tequila Day
- ESM Patrón Ready for First Kiss of Indy Bricks
- Crushing day in Canada for ESM Patrón
- Front Row Start for ESM Patrón at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- ESM Patrón Returns to Canadian Tire Motorsports Park: Site of First GT Win
- Heartbreak for ESM Patrón Team at Watkins Glen
- ESM Patrón Qualifies Fifth and Seventh at Watkins Glen
- ESM Patrón Set for Prototype Debut at Watkins Glen
- Challenging Day for ESM Patrón at Detroit
- Front Row Start for ESM Patrón at Detroit
- Extreme Speed Motorsports to run HPD ARX-04b Honda
- ESM Patrón Targeting Win at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- Heartbreaking final lap for ESM Patrón at Long Beach
- ESM Patrón Ready for Long Beach Street Battle
- Ryan Dalziel Aims for Perfect Birthday Gift at Long Beach
- Ryan Dalziel Proud of ESM’S Sebring Podium
- ESM Patrón Runner-Up at Sebring
- ESM Patrón Leads Sebring at Six Hour Mark
- Top-10 Qualifying Effort for ESM Patrón at Sebring
- ESM Patrón Leveraging Home-Track Advantage at Sebring
- Ryan Dalziel Wants Debut with ESM Win at Sebring
- Rollercoaster Rolex for ESM Patrón
- ESM Patrón Team Hour 12 of Rolex 24
- Opening Hours of Rolex 24 Unkind to ESM Patrón Team
- Ryan Dalziel continues to support West of Scotland Kart Club
- DALZIEL SIGNS WITH ESM PATRON FOR 2014 SEASON
- RYAN DALZIEL STORMS TO INDY WIN AND TAKES LEAD IN ROLEX GRAND-AM SERIES
- RYAN DALZIEL HELPS BRING VIPER HOME ON LE MANS RETURN
- RYAN DALZIEL CLOSES TITLE GAP AFTER PODIUM
- RYAN DALZIEL MISSES OUT ON MOTOWN HIT
- RYAN DALZIEL AIMING TO BE A DETROIT WINNER
- DALZIEL TAKES HARD-FOUGHT SECOND PLACE AT ROAD ATLANTA
- RYAN DALZIEL TO GET TITLE CHARGE ON RIGHT ROAD AT ATLANTA
- RYAN DALZIEL TO MAKE WORLD CHALLENGE DEBUT FOR TRUSPEED
- RYAN DALZIEL SHOWS FIGHTING QUALITIES IN SEBRING FINISH
- Ryan Dalziel Takes Stunning Second in Texas
- DALZIEL JOINS SRT MOTORSPORTS FOR THE ENDUROS
- RYAN DALZIEL IN TITLE VOW TO EASE ROLEX 24 PAIN
- RIGHT TIME FOR RYAN DALZIEL TO GRAB ANOTHER ROLEX
- WILLIAM LYONS TROPHY AS SMRC HONOURS RYAN DALZIEL
- RYAN DALZIEL TO FLY SCOTTISH KART STAR TO DAYTONA 24
- Ryan Dalziel and Starworks Clinch FIA World Endurance Title
- Unfinished Business For Ryan Dalziel In Japan
- Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining for Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel's Looking For Silver Service
- Ryan Dalziel happy to make a point at Watkins Glen
- Ryan Dalziel Has Double Vision In Living The Indy Dream
- Seconds out as Le Mans winner Ryan Dalziel hits the Road
- Ryan Dalziel lives Le Mans dream but gets back to real world
- Le Mans Winner
- Season Starts Again For Table-Topper Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel Won't Be A Detroit Spinner
- Ryan Dalziel Storms To The Top Of The Charts Despite A Hit
- Ryan Dalziel Aims To Turn Up The Heat After Pain In The Rain
- Ryan Dalziel is Homing in on Championship Points at Homestead
- Life's A Beach for Birthday Boy Ryan Dalziel After ALMS Class Win
- Ryan Dalziel joins CORE for Long Beach
- Ryan Dalziel Cuts Proud Figure at Head of Queue at Barber
- No Short Cuts as Ryan Dalziel Heads for Barber
- Ryan Dalziel is on Top of the World
- Ryan Dalziel Ready to take on the World
- Ryan's Ready For The Biggest Year Of His Career
- Inspired Show From Ryan Dalziel End With Stunning Second At Daytona 24
- Ryan's Keeping Watch Out For A Rolex
- Rocking Ryan Leads United Autosoports to Podium Glory
- Ryan Aims For High In Dubai
- Dalziel Teams Up With United Autosports For Winter GT Races
- Grand-Am Series announcement
- CORE values to the fore as Ryan suffers
- Ryan aims to be man of Atlanta
- Tears and cheers as Ryan wins at Mid-Ohio
- Ryan's ready to rumble at Mid-Ohio
- Double vision's a sore one for Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel Montreal Preview
- Ryan Dalziel grabs Watkins Glen podium
- Watkins Glen Preview
- Dalziel Podiums at Barber Motorsport Park
- Dalziel Podiums in Second at Sebring 12 Hours
- Dalziel Denied Homestead Grand-Am Victory
- Dalziel Targeting Homestead Bounce Back
- Early Set-Back Dashes Dalziels Daytona Hopes
- A Lap Around Daytona, With Ryan Dalziel
- Dalziel Takes Aim at Daytona Double
- Dalziel Unofficially Shatters Daytona DP Track Record
- Dalziel Back to Defend Daytona 24 Crown
- JaguarRSR STATEMENT OF EARLY RETIREMENT IN PETIT LE MANS
- Video: Petit Le Mans Qualfiying Report