EFFORT Racing Wins Team Championship at Season Finale
- 15 September 2015
MONTEREY, Cal, -The 2015 Pirelli World Challenge race season came to a close this weekend at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in a spectacular fashion. With three wins, 10 podiums and 20 top-five finishes, EFFORT Racing finished 2015 as the GT Team Champions by 155 points over the Driver Championship winners, Cadillac Racing. The team was also recognized for their dedication and success, and were presented with the Crew of the Year award at the finale banquet. Despite missing three races, driver Ryan Dalziel finished an impressive third in the GT Championship and GTA-turned GT driver Michael Lewis earned top Rookie honors.
The battle for the GT championship came down to the final race, a 55 minute sprint following a standing start. Dalziel dropped from 3rd to 4th position at the start, but remained close to the leaders, battling for position in the top five throughout the entirety of the race. Teammate Michael Lewis started in 8th, and celebrated a successful start, gaining two positions by lap 5. True to form, Lewis raced clean and consistent, biding his time as the action ahead of him grew heated.
Tequila Patrón ESM Gains Experience in Germany
- 31 August 2015
Nürburgring, Germany, – It was a weekend of high hopes and dashed dreams for Tequila Patrón ESM at the FIA World Endurance Championship’s (FIA WEC) 6 Hours of Nürburgring. At the end of the six-hour race, the team finished sixth and eighth in the LMP2 class.
After successful testing at Nürburgring back in July, Tequila Patrón ESM entered this week’s event with confidence its Ligier JS P2 Hondas were ready to take on the field and give the team a pair of podium finishes. But for most of the race the fast setup eluded both cars, until late in the race when the team found a competitive pace but with too few laps left to make a podium finish.
Tequila Patrón ESM Qualifies in Germany
- 29 August 2015
Nürburgring, Germany – Tequila Patrón ESM will have their work cut out for them on Sunday of the FIA World Endurance Championship’s (FIA WEC) 6 Hours of Nürburgring following qualifying today. The team is up for the challenge and believes the No. 30 and No. 31 Tequila Patrón-sponsored Ligier JS2 Hondas have more potential than their performance showed in qualifying for the LMP2 class. The Florida-based team will start seventh and eighth in the race on Sunday.
Per the FIA WEC rules, the quickest lap time from each team’s two qualifying drivers are averaged in order to determine the starting position.
Ryan Dalziel Keeps Points Lead Following Miller Motorsports Park
- 23 August 2015
A championship contender all season long, Dalziel most recently celebrated a dominating weekend at Mid-Ohio SportsCar Course, winning both poles as well as both Rounds of the double header event. From there, the race series traveled to Miller Motorsports Park in Toole, Utah, 4,400 feet above sea level. Although the track would prove to be better suited for turbo charged engines, rather than their naturally aspirated competitors, the two-car Porsche 911 GT3 R team fought hard to utilize tire and race strategies to gain valuable points at the double header event.
EFFORT Racing Celebrates Complete Sweep at Mid-Ohio
- 03 August 2015
LEXINGTON, Oh., - Riding on a momentum of a double podium weekend in Rounds 12 and 13 at Road America last month, EFFORT Racing advanced on to dominate Founds 14 and 15 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course for the second year in a row. At the same event in 2014, Ryan Dalziel joined the team, winning both races in commanding a fashion. This weekend, the team again enjoyed great success, winning both poles and both races with Dalziel at the wheel.
In celebration of his one year anniversary, Dalziel earned the Race 1 Pole Position after an impressive GT qualifying session in the No. 31 Porsche 911 GT3 R. Following an excellent launch at the standing start, Dalziel took a several second lead over James Davison and led every lap of the 50 minute race. Despite mid-race cautions bunching the field back together, Dalziel made it look easy as he pulled away from the pack to take his third straight Mid-Ohio win. Teammate Michael Lewis also boasted a strong performance, qualifying the No. 41 Porsche 811 GT3R in 4th position, his best qualifying effort of the 2015 season. Lewis dropped one position on the standing start to 5th, where he remained for the rest of the race. Lap after lap, the young rookie impressively held off McLaren GT Factory Driver Kevin Estre to earn another top five finish.
Dalziel Sweeps GT Weekend at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Heitkotter, Thompson Win in GTA and GT Cup
- 03 August 2015
For Immediate Release- From Pirelli World Challenge
LEXINGTON, Ohio -- For the second straight year, Ryan Dalziel, of Windermere, Fla, swept the GT weekend at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, winning Round 15, part of the StopTech Grand Prix presented by MOMO. Bryan Heitkotter, of Fresno, Calif., won in GTA and finished third overall, while Colin Thompson, of Doylestown, Pa., won Round 13 of the GT Cup presented by MOMO class.
From pole, Dalziel, in the No. 31 EFFORT Racing/World PMO Porsche 911 GT3R launched cleanly off of the standing start and led through turn 1 into the Keyhole, closely followed by second-on-the-grid, JD Davison, of St. Petersburg, Fla., in the No. 33 AE/ReplayXD/NISSAN NISMO Nissan GT-R-GT3, and third-on-the-grid Heitkotter, in the No. 05 Nissan GT Academy Nissan GT-R GT3. Heitkotter also started from pole in the GTA class.
Dalziel and Montecalvo Win GT, GTA Round 14 at Mid-Ohio. Udell Wins GT Cup Round 12
- 01 August 2015
For Immediate Release- From Pirelli World Challenge
LEXINGTON, Ohio – Ryan Dalziel, of Windermere, Fla., scored his first GT win of the 2015 season and third consecutive Pirelli World Challenge win at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course with his victory in Round 14 at the StopTech Grand Prix at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course presented by MOMO. Frankie Montecalvo, of Highlands, N.J. scored his third consecutive GTA win. Alec Udell, of The Woodlands, Texas secured his first career Pirelli World Challenge win with his victory in Round 12 in GT Cup presented by MOMO.
Off of the standing start, polesitter Dalziel, in the No. 31 EFFORT Racing/World PMO Nissan GT-R GT3 launched cleanly into the lead followed by second-on-the-grid Olivier Beretta, of Monte Carlo, Monaco in the No. 61 R. Ferrari of Ontario/Toronto/Alberta Ferri Motorsport Ferrari 458 GT3 Italia and third-on-the-grid JD Davison of St. Petersburg, Fla., in the No. 33 AE/ReplayXD/NISSAN NISMO GT-R GT3 Nissan GT-R-GT3. In GTA, polesitter Austin Cindric, of Mooresville, N.C. in the No. 25 Blancpain Racing Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 R EX also launched cleanly to take the lead, while Brian Heitkotter, of Fresno, Calif., who had started third in class in the No. 05 Nissan GT Academy Nissan GT-R GT3 passed second-on-the-grid Montecalvo in the No. 66 Bayshore Racing DragonSpeed Mercedes Benz AMG SLS GT3.
Motorsport.com and Tequila Patrón ESM to Debut “Vitesse Extreme – Le Mans” on Motorsport.com
- 24 July 2015
Filmed entirely at the 83rd 24 Hours of Le Mans last June, “Vitesse Extreme – Le Mans” is produced by seven-time Emmy award-winning producer Robert Lyon, and will take viewers inside the world of the lone two-car American team in the LMP2 class at the famous Circuit de la Sarthe. The race documentary includes behind the scenes footage from scrutineering, practices, fan activities and on-track race action.
EFFORT Racing Bounces Back for Double Podium
- 29 June 2015
ELKHART Lake, Wis., - Following a disappointing weekend at the Grand Prix of Detroit, EFFORT Racing has bounced back to secure a double podium at the Pirelli World Challenge triple header at Road America.
In qualifying of Round 10 in Detroit, the No. 31 EFFORT Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R had hard contact with the concrete wall, causing enough damage to withdraw the machine from the weekend's events. In the weeks to follow, the team worked around the clock to repair the damage in time for this weekend's three races in the hills of Wisconsin at the legendary Road America road course.
Two Top-10 Finishes for Tequila Patrón ESM in Le Mans Debut
- 12 June 2015
Le Mans, France – Tequila Patrón ESM leaves Le Mans with a victory in its own right – the only two-car American-based LMP2 team finished seventh and 10th at its first attempt at the 24 Hours of Le Mans – the longest and most prestigious sportscar event in the world.
Dressed with Rolling Stone liveries, Tequila Patrón ESM competed with two Ligier JS P2-Honda prototypes with Dunlop Motorsports tires. Less than two months ago, Tequila Patrón ESM took delivery of the race cars – its third chassis in five months – and competed at the infamous racing circuit this weekend. In its second-ever race driving the Ligier JS P2, Tequila Patrón ESM team proved it could challenge the competition at the most challenging race – the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Tequila Patrón ESM Completes Le Mans Qualifying
- 12 June 2015
Le Mans, France – Tequila Patrón ESM makes history this weekend as it competes for the first time at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Following Wednesday’s free practice and practice qualifying session, the team improved its pace during Thursday’s final two qualifying sessions. The Florida-based team improved its speed and comfort level with the Ligier JS P2 chassis and the Circuit de la Sarthe en route to 11th and 17th in LMP2 starting positions for the 83rd 24 Hours of Le Mans on Saturday.
Ryan Dalziel posted a lap of 3:42.453 (220.6 kph) which places the No. 30 Rolling Stone Ligier JS P2 Honda team 11th on the LMP2 grid. All three pilots of the No. 30 machine - Dalziel, Scott Sharp and David Heinemeier Hansson - all have previous starts at Le Mans, with Dalziel earning an LMP2 class win in 2012, and Heinemeier Hansson winning the 2014 GTE AM race.
Tequila Patrón ESM Logs First Competitive Laps at Le Mans
- 10 June 2015
Le Mans, France – Tequila Patron ESM made its race-week debut at the 24 Hours of Le Mans with practice and qualifying Wednesday at the 8.4667-mile (13.6259 km) Circuit de la Sarthe.
In its second race with the Ligier JS P2-Honda and Dunlop-shoed race car, Tequila Patrón ESM made additional strides in performance and development of the new racing machine since the FIA World Endurance Championship’s (FIA WEC) 6 Hours of Spa in May. Less than six weeks ago, the team accepted delivery of the Ligier JS P2 machines, raced at Spa-Francorchamps and is now competing in one of the longest and most challenging endurance races in the world.
Tequila Patrón ESM Ready to Rock at Le Mans
- 08 June 2015
Le Mans, France – In 1967, John Lennon was the cover story for the debut issue of Rolling Stone. This week, Rolling Stone is the cover story for Tequila Patrón ESM as it makes its first appearance at the 83rd 24 Hours of Le Mans. The 24 Hours of Le Mans is the fourth race of the eight-race FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC).
As Tequila Patrón ESM makes its Le Mans debut, it does so as the only two-car American LMP2 team. This week, the Florida-based crew trades in its familiar black and Patrón green livery for the black, white and Rolling Stone red. The No. 30 and No. 31 Ligier JS P2-Hondas feature liveries depicting the legendary popular culture magazine Rolling Stone. The No. 30 machine features a silver roof and mirrors while the No. 31 will have a red roof and mirrors.
Tequila Patrón ESM Shows Speed and Potential at Spa as the Team Prepares for Le Mans
- 02 May 2015
Francorchamps, Belgium – It was a weekend filled with a litany of firsts for the championship-caliber Tequila Patrón ESM team and its first full-season of FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) competition - first time at the Spa-Francorchamps track for the team and some drivers, first run of new race cars as well as new tires. At the conclusion of the FIA WEC 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps endurance event earlier today, Tequila Patrón ESM was listed eighth and ninth in the LMP2 class, but the team showed determination, speed and podium potential.
Tequila Patrón ESM received two Ligier JS P2 race cars on Monday, so the six-hour event a mere five days later acted as an extended test session for the combination of new cars, Honda HR28TT V6 engines and Dunlop tires at a racing venue that four of the six drivers have never visited.
Tequila Patrón ESM Qualifies for Spa
- 01 May 2015
Francorchamps, Belgium, – May 1, 2015 – Tequila Patrón ESM continued its progress with the Ligier JS P2 prototype machines today during qualifying for the FIA World Endurance Championship’s (FIA WEC) 6 Hours of Spa Francorchamps. Since taking possession of the race cars on Monday, Tequila Patrón ESM has tested in the rain at Magny-Cours, transported the cars to Belgium, practiced in the rain and dry, and then qualified seventh and ninth for Saturday’s second round of the FIA WEC.
Today’s qualifying effort continues Tequila Patrón ESM’s streak of new for 2015. Tequila Patrón ESM is breaking new ground in the LMP2 class as the first team to run a Ligier JS P2 Honda with Dunlop tires at Spa-Francorchamps.
Rainy Opening Practice for Tequila Patrón ESM and Ligier at Spa
- 30 April 2015
Francorchamps, Belgium – Tequila Patrón ESM logged its first official laps in its Ligier JS P2s cars during practice for Saturday’s 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps, the second round of the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC).
All six Tequila Patrón ESM drivers completed laps in the two 90-minute practice sessions. The added factor of rain made learning the 20-turn, 4.352-mile (7.004-kilometer) circuit and nuances of the Ligier JS P2s challenging, but the Florida-based team persevered. In total, Tequila Patrón ESM completed 35 laps around Circuit de Spa Francorchamps.
Tequila Patrón ESM Set to Battle in Belgium with Ligier
- 29 April 2015
Riviera Beach, Fla., – Less than six weeks ago, Tequila Patrón ESM announced it would transition to the Onroak Automotive Ligier JS P2 prototype machines. This weekend the Florida-based team will compete in its first race with the Tequila Patrón-sponsored Ligier JS P2 prototypes at the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium.
Outfitted with the latest in sportscar technology, Tequila Patrón ESM will be in the thick of the LMP2 battle with two identically equipped Ligier JS P2 prototypes, powered by Honda HR28TT V6 engines. A bright spot on the grid, the Tequila Patrón ESM Ligiers are livered with contrasting black and striking Patrón green featuring the signature Tequila Patrón bottles and trademark Patrón bee. To distinguish the two machines from each other, the No. 30 will feature black mirrors and the No. 31 will have Patrón green mirrors.
Tequila Patrón ESM Tests Ligier Prototypes
- 27 April 2015
Tequila Patrón ESM brought the brand new racing machines to Magny-Cours in central France today to conduct its first official shakedown and laps with the Ligiers. Today’s test kicks off a week of on-track action that concludes with Round 2 of the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC), the 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium on Saturday.
EFFORT Racing Earns Eighth Season Podium at Barber Motorsports Park
- 27 April 2015
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - After a difficult race weekend on the streets of Long Beach, EFFORT Racing moved on to earn their eighth podium of the season at Barber Motorsports Park for Rounds 6 and 7 of the Pirelli World Challenge.
Driver of the #31 EFFORT Racing Porsche 911 GT R Ryan Dalziel started Race 1 in 9th, but a strong start brought him quickly to 6th position. Michael Lewis started the #41 EFFORT Racing Porsche 911 GT3 in 3rd. Lap 10 brought a four lap full course caution, with the No. 61 of Baretta sandwiched between Lewis in 4th and Dalziel in 6th. As the field went back to green, Dalziel battled with Baretta for 5th, successfully making the pass before the field again went to yellow. By the final yellow. Dalziel had worked his way up to 4th, with Lewis in 6th. With just a few laps to go, Lewis reported a problem to the team his left rear tire, eventually forcing him to end his race early by pulling off track in order to not cause a dangerous situation for the rest of the field.
Championship-Caliber Run for Tequila Patrón ESM at 6 Hours of Silverstone
- 12 April 2015
Silverstone, England – Tequila Patrón ESM ran like a championship team today and completed the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) race, the 6 Hours of Silverstone, in third place. The No. 30 Tequila Patrón ESM prototype of Scott Sharp, Ryan Dalziel and David Heinemeier Hansson, unfortunately failed post-race inspection after it was deemed the floor had too much wear, as a result of chassis modifications to comply with the rules.
During the race, Dalziel started from the fifth position on the grid, leapt into fourth in the first 12 laps, and eventually reached a race-high of third position. He drove the first 90 minutes and then turned the car over to Heinemeier Hansson, who maintained the third-place spot.
- Tequila Patrón ESM Qualifies for 6 Hours of Silverstone
- Tequila Patrón ESM Set for 6 Hours of Silverstone Debut
- EFFORT Racing Continues Success at St. Petersburg
- Early Exit for Tequila Patrón ESM at Sebring
- Front-row start for Tequila Patrón ESM at Sebring
- Tequila Patrón ESM Determined to Achieve Victory at Sebring
- Tequila Patrón ESM Enters 12 Hours of Sebring with Honda ARX-03b Prototypes
- Quadruple Podium Weekend for EFFORT Racing at Circuit of the Americas
- Rolling Stone and Patrón Tequila Partner at 24 Hours of Le Mans
- Tequila Patrón ESM Confirmed Entrants in 2015 FIA WEC Season and 24 Hours of Le Mans
- EFFORT Racing confirms Dalziel's return to Pirelli World Challenge
- Early Exit for Tequila Patrón ESM at Rolex 24
- Tequila Patrón ESM: No. 2 qualifies 12th; No. 1 to return to track on Friday
- Tequila Patrón ESM's 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home and the Rolex 24
- Dalziel to Race Spa 24hr with DragonSpeed
- Tequila Patrón ESM Runs First Laps in Honda Coupe
- Runner-up Finish for ESM Patrón at Shanghai
- ESM Patrón Qualifies Fifth and Sixth at Shanghai
- ESM Patrón Set for Overseas FIA WEC Debut
- ESM Patrón Finishes Third in Debut FIA WEC Race
- ESM and Tequila Patrón Entering FIA WEC Shanghai; Forgoing Petit Le Mans
- ESM Patrón Qualifies Third in Debut FIA WEC Race
- ESM and Tequila Patrón Set for FIA WEC Debut at COTA
- ESM Patrón Returns to Podium
- Pole Position for ESM Patrón at Road America
- ESM Patrón Takes onFIA WEC LMP2 with COTA Entry
- ESM Patrón Road America Bound
- EFFORT Sweeps Mid-Ohio
- Fifth and Seventh Place Finishes for ESM Patrón in Indy Debut
- Simply Perfect Pole Position for ESM on National Patrón Tequila Day
- ESM Patrón Ready for First Kiss of Indy Bricks
- Crushing day in Canada for ESM Patrón
- Front Row Start for ESM Patrón at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- ESM Patrón Returns to Canadian Tire Motorsports Park: Site of First GT Win
- Heartbreak for ESM Patrón Team at Watkins Glen
- ESM Patrón Qualifies Fifth and Seventh at Watkins Glen
- ESM Patrón Set for Prototype Debut at Watkins Glen
- Challenging Day for ESM Patrón at Detroit
- Front Row Start for ESM Patrón at Detroit
- Extreme Speed Motorsports to run HPD ARX-04b Honda
- ESM Patrón Targeting Win at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- Heartbreaking final lap for ESM Patrón at Long Beach
- ESM Patrón Ready for Long Beach Street Battle
- Ryan Dalziel Aims for Perfect Birthday Gift at Long Beach
- Ryan Dalziel Proud of ESM’S Sebring Podium
- ESM Patrón Runner-Up at Sebring
- ESM Patrón Leads Sebring at Six Hour Mark
- Top-10 Qualifying Effort for ESM Patrón at Sebring
- ESM Patrón Leveraging Home-Track Advantage at Sebring
- Ryan Dalziel Wants Debut with ESM Win at Sebring
- Rollercoaster Rolex for ESM Patrón
- ESM Patrón Team Hour 12 of Rolex 24
- Opening Hours of Rolex 24 Unkind to ESM Patrón Team
- Ryan Dalziel continues to support West of Scotland Kart Club
- DALZIEL SIGNS WITH ESM PATRON FOR 2014 SEASON
- RYAN DALZIEL STORMS TO INDY WIN AND TAKES LEAD IN ROLEX GRAND-AM SERIES
- RYAN DALZIEL HELPS BRING VIPER HOME ON LE MANS RETURN
- RYAN DALZIEL CLOSES TITLE GAP AFTER PODIUM
- RYAN DALZIEL MISSES OUT ON MOTOWN HIT
- RYAN DALZIEL AIMING TO BE A DETROIT WINNER
- DALZIEL TAKES HARD-FOUGHT SECOND PLACE AT ROAD ATLANTA
- RYAN DALZIEL TO GET TITLE CHARGE ON RIGHT ROAD AT ATLANTA
- RYAN DALZIEL TO MAKE WORLD CHALLENGE DEBUT FOR TRUSPEED
- RYAN DALZIEL SHOWS FIGHTING QUALITIES IN SEBRING FINISH
- Ryan Dalziel Takes Stunning Second in Texas
- DALZIEL JOINS SRT MOTORSPORTS FOR THE ENDUROS
- RYAN DALZIEL IN TITLE VOW TO EASE ROLEX 24 PAIN
- RIGHT TIME FOR RYAN DALZIEL TO GRAB ANOTHER ROLEX
- WILLIAM LYONS TROPHY AS SMRC HONOURS RYAN DALZIEL
- RYAN DALZIEL TO FLY SCOTTISH KART STAR TO DAYTONA 24
- Ryan Dalziel and Starworks Clinch FIA World Endurance Title
- Unfinished Business For Ryan Dalziel In Japan
- Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining for Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel's Looking For Silver Service
- Ryan Dalziel happy to make a point at Watkins Glen
- Ryan Dalziel Has Double Vision In Living The Indy Dream
- Seconds out as Le Mans winner Ryan Dalziel hits the Road
- Ryan Dalziel lives Le Mans dream but gets back to real world
- Le Mans Winner
- Season Starts Again For Table-Topper Ryan Dalziel
- Ryan Dalziel Won't Be A Detroit Spinner
- Ryan Dalziel Storms To The Top Of The Charts Despite A Hit
- Ryan Dalziel Aims To Turn Up The Heat After Pain In The Rain
- Ryan Dalziel is Homing in on Championship Points at Homestead
- Life's A Beach for Birthday Boy Ryan Dalziel After ALMS Class Win
- Ryan Dalziel joins CORE for Long Beach
- Ryan Dalziel Cuts Proud Figure at Head of Queue at Barber
- No Short Cuts as Ryan Dalziel Heads for Barber
- Ryan Dalziel is on Top of the World
- Ryan Dalziel Ready to take on the World
- Ryan's Ready For The Biggest Year Of His Career
- Inspired Show From Ryan Dalziel End With Stunning Second At Daytona 24
- Ryan's Keeping Watch Out For A Rolex
- Rocking Ryan Leads United Autosoports to Podium Glory
- Ryan Aims For High In Dubai
- Dalziel Teams Up With United Autosports For Winter GT Races
- Grand-Am Series announcement
- CORE values to the fore as Ryan suffers
- Ryan aims to be man of Atlanta
- Tears and cheers as Ryan wins at Mid-Ohio